Another Newbie

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Greedygreenback, Jan 5, 2017.

1. I recently decided I would try my green thumb at cannabis. I pulled a seed from a bag I had just to give it a whirl. I germinated in an jiffy peat pellet then transferred it to a 1 1/2 gal. Pot with a 70/30 coco coir to perlite mix. After about 45 days it started getting droopy. I figured I over watered due to the excess in the tray. The tops started to perk up after a day and then on day two they dropped again. Soil is medium is dry three inches down but it's not recovering and it's now day 5. I am misting it for now. Are there any suggestions?[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. Looks over watered I could be wrong how much and how often you watering?

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

3. agreed. over watering. possible a bit of heat stress too. have you fed her yet? or she could be pot bound. when did you last transplant, if ever?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Water every two days. No nutes yet giving it a dry run since it's my first. It was transplanted over a month ago. Not sure about root bound they are not visable threw weep holes. I just don't want it to get to dry so just misting for now. Maintains around 72 temp. I did dial the lighting back a bit.

5. The thing about coco is that it's great for water retention, but there is no nutritional value for the plants at all. Every two days is a little much. Let the soil dry out a bit and transplant it to something a little bigger and then give it a light feeding after you do.

6. For someone "just goving it a whirl" you seem to have done ya research... U gonna need more food for ya baby or you gonna have trouble.. You have a soil less medium u need nutrients..

U need food and water to live.. So dose your baby..
    But apart from that nd the tad overwatering looks good

• Like Like x 1
  7. I have been researching for years prior to deciding on cultivation. As of right now I have over thirty informational sites open in my browser that I read and re read religiously. Two of my main issues is climate change and the ability to get products such as nutrients during the cold monthes. I greatly enjoy building the homes my little plants reside in. Are there any general nutes at say a Lowe's store that would suffice? I really don't want to go crazy during what I know is an trial and error period. Right now I'm just trying to get a base result to work off of. Most information is based on opinion or personal experience. The best way to gain information is to ask veteran growers like yourselves. I also think I waited a bit long to top it but again I'm new at this. I'm just surprised it's not dead yet.

8. Gonna have to stop you at veteran.. Thats my dad haha im only a wee yung one.. 25

Im also on the otherside of the globe so what they have at lowes i would not know..

I use an organic liquid full of kelp microbs base minerals ect..
    Now i no the states dont sell this product but hope it helps.. Something is better then nothing.. Plus with organic nutrients its alot harder to burn... A nother side note worth mentioning is.. If u over feed in coco its as easya as given her enough water to push the nutes outa the coco..

Heres a pick of what i use..

May i suggest looking into
    Living soil/ notil organic cutravation...
    U can grow your own soil at home and have better results then any store bought soil..

9. [​IMG][​IMG]

And one of my girls vegging out so u no im not a troll [​IMG]