Another newb..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by GodsPancakes, Mar 21, 2011.

1. Ok, I wanna start my first grow. Iv read the guides but im confused . I live in a complete desert so finding a spot is a bit difficult. I found a good spot to grow her at. My questions are..

Can i just germinate my seed, and plant her into the wet dirt? My uncle has his grow in wet dirt and its barely sprouting and it seems to be working.

If i grow her in a pot and the plant gets too big, what can i do?

What type of soil, and products do you growers recommend?

Any advice for a first time grower?

That Ph thing is confusing the shit outta me. Do you growers have some kind of set up you'd like to share?

Thank you

2. Now I'm confused:D

Transplant her to a bigger pot, or to your outdoor site.

Being this is your first attempt and things seem to be a bit confusing. ( I know there is a lot of info out there, it's tough to sort through it all)

Try this, might help ya get started

3. Hey Gp.

How big was the plant you got the seeds from? your plant could equal it in size. Big plants require more rootspace that smaller plants such as many afghani's.

YOure going to need a minimum 5 gallon container but 20gal would be better. Doesnt wal mart sell cheap kitchen trash cans for a couple bucks?

I would try to bury the container because the soil in it willl mimic air temps and 90 degree soil isnt a good thing. If you dont bury, you'll have to water every day and that will leach your nutes out of the container.

Get a container, punch some holes in it, fill it with a good potting soil, bury it to its neck and youre ready to rock.

You can germinate easily by merely placing the seed in soil, watering and then putting it in the sun or under lights. ITs important that the seed be placed 1/4" deep with the BUTT END DOWN and then mist gently with water until the pot is thourougly moistened. If you pour water on the pot, your seed will be dislodged and upended.

After that, temperature and light determine how fast your seed germinates. The closer to 76 degrees farenheit and the stronger the light, the faster it will come up and grow.

After your initial watering, you wont have to water for a week or more unless its abnormally hot. dont overwater.

4. Thanx !