Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Another Just had the talk

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by WavvesonWavves, Aug 25, 2013.

1. So I've been smoking almost everyday for about a year now. I had been caught by my parents once, and then two(well, now three other times) my parents didn't catch me but had enough evidence to assume. I've been wanting to tell my parents for awhile now, but I had no idea how they would take it. Finally, today, for the first time since I came home in May, my dad went into my room while I was at work to straighten up and found evidence here and there but no solid proof. I had gotten a heads up from my brothers friend before I came home so I arrived prepared to defend myself and basically, even if he had no proof, just tell then I smoke. My dad didn't say anything for awhile, and we just talked about economics and whatnot until, I can't remember how, the topic switched to weed, to which my dad alluded to having caught me before and having found things (ash, receipt for lighters even though I don't smoke cigarettes, etc) today. I told him and my mom that I do smoke weed, and expected an argument. It turned into a funny(and slightly illogical argument on their part) in which they ultimately just said that I'm old enough to make the decision(as long as I don't smoke in the house and don't have anything in my car, which I may regularly be guilty of). They said I shouldn't do it ONLY because it is illegal, which I can respect on their part. It feels good to know that at least they know, and that they don't resent me or hate me and they agree it hasn't changed me. It was also funny to find out that all the times I was high around them and thought they had no idea that they did know and they just didn't really care enough to mention it. Moral of the story, parents always know.

2. Good for you.

3. Haha that's awesome man! Glad it went well.

Your parents sound like level headed people. You don't seem to have fallen too far from the tree! :smoke:

Mobile reppin

Props to you for respecting their opinion on this...:cool:

This is one of, if not the main reason why a lot of parents don't like their children smoking weed...if the legality of it were different, I'm sure that a lot of parents minds would change...

Trying to convince them of the benefits and general benignity of MJ is fine and dandy, but regardless of what it is, most parents don't want to see their children as criminals...regardless of whether the laws are just or not...

5. I'm happy for you man! It must be a huge relief now.

6. Now try and educate them in very small doses, dont jump in head on, do it slowly and carefully so they wont even know youve just educated their ass's.

Its so sad to think how many heads have been messed with because of parents thinking weed is a something that will do harm, talk about a buzz kill, its the bullshit that you put up with from strict parents or uneducated folk that mess's with your head not the weed that and oh running out and maybe smoking bad damp, incorrectly grown weed.

The moral of the story, know your shit!

7. Wish it worked like this for me

8. Same story here, my mom just told me not to do it in the house....which i still sometimes do.. :yummy:

:confused: They are fine with it besides its illegality. They're worried about his safety concerning the law (seems weird to be worried about that lol but that's the society we live in).

10. Good for you man, that probably took a lot of your guts to do.

11. Your parents sound like level headed people. [​IMG]

12. #12 nomoredoubts, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2013
    Thats what they will say at first but over time I guarantee from my own experience and others it will go from ''their ok with it'' to them bringing it up and blaming weed for something negative thats happening in the kids life,  this is why its important to never get to comfortable and always be prepared to educate those who need it.

Its rare you get parents fully accepting it, those that do I have found are those that smoke themselves, or at least have done, its the only way you can truly understand how pathetic our current cannabis laws are.

Most that say their cool with it, wont be eventually, once the propaganda effect kicks in, all it takes is for them to read some bs in the papers or on tv and some people get sucked in and freak out.