Another "is it flowering" thread

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by suncheese, Jun 29, 2011.

1. This is my first grow so im sensitive to any changes in my plants. Its been flowering for only 5 days now and im seeing growth I havent seen before on the colas. Im not sure if they're male bags or simply new dense leaf growth...I included pics but its only 3.1 pixels and I cant get a good enough shot of what im talking about. Pic 0031 is the closest to what im talking about. Is that just new leaf growth at the top? I dont think male or female would be showing that much flower this early would they?

Attached Files:

2. I'm a first time grower too and my plants look pretty similar to those. I thought one was a male that looked like that but I'm not sure about it. If anyone could shed some light on this it'd be pretty cool

3. I'm on a small netbook right now so it's hard to see the pics clearly, but that looks like a male to me. Are there hairs, or just little clusters of balls. The clusters of balls are male. If there are hairs, it's female.

4. it doesn't look like it's flowering yet, but it might be the pic. give it a few more days and i'm pretty sure it'll start to show preflowers.... hopefully its a female. GOOD LUCK!

edit: the nodes in the first pic look like pollen balls, keep a close eye on it!

5. Yeah, the second node down on the first pic shows what looks like pollen sacs. They may open soon, but if you don't have any females nearby it won't hurt anything. Just make sure you wash down your flowering room before having any females in there. Pollen from one crop can linger around and pollinate the next crop if you aren't careful.

6. You're probably right...ill give it another day or two...that sucks since I have to wait another few weeks to start flowering more. Damnit!

7. i dont see any flowers at all, where are you growing anyways? you should take closer pics of where the buds would be even if ur camera sucks lol

8. If the males start to flower before the females are showing hairs, do you still get seeds?