Another guy who needs lighting advice

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by giba, Apr 24, 2010.

1. #1 giba, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 24, 2010
    Okay I know there are other threads like this, but I found conflicting info, and not quite the answers I was looking for. I have a home made cabinet, about 4'x4'x4'. I have 16 seedlings, but will be narrowing it down to about five or six as I'm able to determine gender. My seedlings are about a week old. I currently have one walmart 2' two-bulb flourescent with one plant and aquarium bulb and one of the 4200k bulbs that came with it. I noticed today that a couple plants were stretching. I'm about to go buy one more of the two-bulb flourescent lights to add in for more lighting, along with some different bulbs. I'm limited to bulbs that are readily available at walmart, fleet farm, etc. What is the best bulb set-up for me to use to get healthy, robust plants? I'm not sure if the stretching is because I'm using the wrong lighting, or because I'm not using enough of it. Like I said, I will be running a total of four 2' bulbs for now. I will be upgrading to a better set-up in the future, but for now I'm stuck with the fluorescents. Thanks, and I'm sorry if I'm asking a stupid question, but I'm new and just wanna get it right.

2. edit: I am keeping the lights about 2" to 4" above the plants, also.

3. That's pretty much all the info I was looking for. I don't know how I missed that. Thanks!