Another Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by jay t bell, May 15, 2004.

1. sup J thanx for the kind words :) yeah man, i tried that fim shit once, i didnt like the results at all, i didnt get the multiple grow points, i just got a ripped up fan. it did slow the top growth down though, that was the only benifit. well, you dont have that much time lol depends on how long you plan to veg, you got an idea yet? no pressure about the lst, but check it :D

Attached Files:

2. shes turning into a nice compact bush, and i dont know many guys who dont love those?:D

3. i lied hers stupy coz its got a stumpy leaf.....it might get the pull if it doesnt sort its self out......am i sounding a bit like hitler........lol.......

Attached Files:

4. dread hows it man...........sorry about that last pic guys but you can just make out the funy looking leaf.im so tempted to do the 1st on my plants after ive seen dreads.hes realy don a good job.and i need max yield out of my plants.only 1 more inside grow after this 1 coz it will be to hot for a few months...so ill be doing out side grow in that time.....

5. im sorry i didnt see you had some pics up, everything is looking good! how many days are you in again? keep a close eye on those fast growers, could be males.

6. HI dread.....the 6 larger ones are around 18 days and the smaller ones are around 12 days........right im going to give the 6 older ones some training as they have got a head start there the ones that would get to big........so 1st it is then for 6 atleast.........

7. good decision man, you will be amazed

8. Dread thast not exactly true you can easily burn your plants with high N guanos and blood meal, nothings truely idiot proof. Organic growing also you dont need to flush since theres no nasty chems to flush out, but there might be a salt buildup but much less then the chem fers which are mostly in salt form.

9. YOu should LST, if your only excuse is you dont want to stress them then you must not know what lst stands for Low Stress Training, and its just that. If you afraid of making males and hermies from stressing, my friend and i have 7 plants and the 5 we sexed so far are fems and we used some aggresive LST with stems that look like and S on its side. Do lst and youlld thank us in the end, me and dread swear by it for a reason.

10. yeah im sorry bout that not exactly true, but close enough as long as you have a proper formula mixed together.

11. No need to be sory. :D That is somewhat right because say if oyu put 2 teapoons of 20-20-20 per gal or used 8 tablspoons of say 5-5-5 composted manure. You would burn the plants bad with the chem ferts since thast all avalible nutes and the manure only has about half or less avalible. Ive used my 5-5-5 rated compoted manure and put a good pint of manure in a sock and filled that with water and waterd my tobacco plants, im not sure if its possible to burn tobacco plants but it didnt... not sure how valid that point was, man i need to grow more weed and play around :D

12. just had to put a reply in so i get emailed............and for those who didnt relise ive changed my name....

13. HI

i tied down 6 plants last night.and as dread seid the leaves repositioned them selves in hours...

Attached Files:

14. another pic

Attached Files:

15. sup J, i was wonderin what happened to ya! how things going? training working out for you or have you not noticed much of a difference? with lst, within 3 days, things could look completely different.

16. Yea my friend was shitin when i came over and trained the plants. I remember i talked to him like 4-5 days after the training and hee's like what are thsese things coming out of the bottom? :D LOL

It looks like those pots are a bit too big and the plants too small to start LST. Normally i start my plants in 4-6" pots and i have holes punched in the rims or in the case of the square 4" pots they have a hole you can loop the rubberband through. because your plants are in larger pots you can't pull them down an enough of an angle. The plant in center uper left in the first pic looks like it got a good training session but the rest need another few days of veg before you can retrain and make a big impact.

As your plants get larger your going to need to "set up the canopy" Its simply craming all the plants you have under your lights and positioning htme so theu have a U shape aorudn the light so the center plants dont et burnt and the outside plants get dons of side lighting so they develp into hugh colas using all the light that would otherwise be hiting the wall, loosing energy.

What this all come sdown to is you need to make 2 groups of trained plants. One group with more tops say 6-8 and trained aggresivly. The other group is trained with only a 45 degree bend so they still have a dominant top cola with say 4-6 other tall colas.

I normaly do my training in 2-3 tieng's total, in veg and once more for flower for any colas that are crouding eachother out. You can do only one train around 3 weeks veg and still benifit but the growth wont be as optimal.

Another thing with the large pot. you want to start the plants in smaller pots and step them up 2-3 times each time allowing the plant to fill its pot. This reduces the root coverage because it was bound up at 1-2 points inside the pot including teh pot wall but that dosent help since theres nutrient containing soil only on one side of the roots. But when you transplant a plant that filed ot the pot all that new soil around the roots on the outdise increases the active root mass but its still in a small radius.

Did you see the pot in a pot system example on overgrow? Mabey you could try this also with this grow? It cycles the plants wet-dry faster as i experienced when cuting the bottom off my 5 gal bucket and burrying that about 1" for last years oudoor. I surely wont ever do that agin outdoors but indoors where you can maintain them its a big step up in soil.

About ths making your own supersoil, i found using 4 parts pro mix, 1 part composted manure, and a bit of blood meal is perfect for veg. pro mix is peat, 10% pearlite and 10% vermiculite with wetting agent and lime. Im going to be switching from pro mic to coir and see how that works. Its a bit more expensive but it drains like nothing else and still holds in more water then peat alone. I was told 30% pearline in coco coir is an amazing soiless mix. And into that i would add manure and some bone/blood meal.

17. Hi ya guys hows it....

dread im just playing around at the mo but plants seem happy so yeh its all good......

arseface i was wondering if you was going to work it out i was giving you hints.....lol.......

dread well for a young man you now your shit ill give you that.the last post was intresting im going to read it a couple of times to make sure i get your drift but it makes sence...that pot in pot thing i havent seen on OG but read you talking about it to dread in another post.ive been a bit busy lately but always make time to read posts here.so i havent been on OG for a while.......

i wanted to change my name for awhile as it was close to my real name(but not that close).i didnt realise when i signed up that that was my user name.then i found out you cant change your name.it took me a while to work out what to do to change it then longer to do it....lol....now my email notification is all up the wall....lol....

cheers for popping in and all your help laters jay.

18. dread? last post...oh you meant grOwer :) i was like wha the hell??? lol i got who you were talkin to. and grOwer DOES know his shit, thats for sure!

19. Thanks guys, its nice to be appreciated for my thoughts. :D

I was looking for that pot in a pot meathod FAQ and found thei snew one, http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/1649 Ive been using vermiculite and later pearlite to accieve the same thing, It all started as an experiment to see how i can make the most out of each watering with the moms. My initial theory was it will reflect more light back to the plant rather then being turned to heat and dry out the soil. After removing the vermiculit i found roots growing allong the surface of the soil almost like it does on the pot sides but better because they get more oxygen so you get more o2 in the roots which is alwasys nice. I also had aonther experienc eiwht htis when i thought it was a good idea to make a tepe (sp?) around my 5 gal bucket because it was going to rain and i just watered. This was on my outdoor plant that ended up lost to mold, anyways and a week later when i went to remove it the roots were growing on the surface but the pot was baked out from the sun and all the heat was held in the black tepe around the top of the bucket.

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/856

http://www.overgrow.com/growfaq/857

I was telling dred to go one step better then how buddha fett did ny taping it together. Iwas saying to cut the bottom of one pot and puting that in another pot of the same size, So you have a removable bottom with minimal stress, but it wont fall apart on you as the tape might with normal use.

20. HI and ooops sorry...yep i meant grO not dread but dont worry dread you now your shit to.......i wasnt even stoned when i wrote that....thanks for the links grO GREAT more reading.....only joking time is short at the mo...

heres some more pics...all together

Attached Files: