Another Grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by jay t bell, May 15, 2004.

1. HI

you can realy notice the change of bulb.

heres the the larger ones

Attached Files:

2. oops i seem to have a stutter

all together

Attached Files:

3. and this is basil. i took some out of a freinds garden and just put it into water to use when i want. it was in the kitchen for around two weeks and i noticed it was rooting so i put it into potting mix and under the lights. seems happy enough..

Attached Files:

4. thats a good idea think i might try that.....
    basil is an exp.......
    my dad came from bedford......

laters

5. good idea to go for the 5-6 week mark. they are already pretty nice size around that time, and then again you have to take flowering stretch into consideration. will you be lst on any of these plants? it helps out with growing out the bottom. kinda keeps everything even.

my mother i have flowering, i did take a clone from her and the clone is doing very good. i just repotted it yesterday in a 1 gallon, so i will continue to grow the strain. i really cant afford to let it go, atleast not at this time :) i was actually talking about the plant i dubbed Kit, at 6 weeks before going into flower, she showed preflowers.

thanks Unoit for confirming what i suspected. i never paid attention to how long it took my mother to show preflowers, but since the clone is still in full veg, ill note it since i have calender dates in order.

6. ive been thinking long and hard about 1st and fiming and ive decided not to touch them.one reason is i dont want to stress them i want to find the good ones and take seeds of them.then ill start to try little experiments.

7. HI

still waiting on the kelp the shop is waiting on the supplier....bummer........any way going to prepare the soil this weekend-the kelp .its going to be a big job im have to sive my compost first.......

i struck another prob this week the pots i was going to use are on the small size there only 10 ltr buckets..im a bit pissed of about it coz they only cost 70c each and 3-4gal pots or buckets cost 10$ each.....DOH.....atleast i noticed now not later......i had a plan for these pots to its not my own but i liked the sound of it.........this is it i was going to put one pot inside another. the pot with the soil would have holes in the bottom with wool runing through the holes into the soil and into the bottom bucket i was going to put some wooden blocks inbetween the pots to give space then to water i was going to put the water in the bottom pot and let the plant suck it up via the wool.......i thought it sounded a good idea and could see how it would stop over watering....so if i want to do this its going to cost a small fortune but ill just try it with a few and see how they go......

im going to get my 600 hps in 2 weeks....

weve had a little taste of winter and im just keeping the tent temp ok with -3 in the mornings and 7 during the day but if its going to get much colder which it will ill need the extra light for heat not just lumes.........like aresface seid........

ive lost a few small seedlings in repotting but ive still got over 30.there all looking good......:)

laters

8. HI

mixed siol today it was the mix suggested by the guns here at the city 20% vermiculite 20% perlite 60% of my own compost + lime + blood and bone meal the kelp arrives monday.i mixed 200l hers a pic of 100l....

Attached Files:

9. HI

the ph of my mix is at 7.......dread how did you get yours so low????

10. mine started at 7 also. the mix should fall down in pH level over the next month. dont forget to check it before using it, and if you decide to use seedlings or young clones, be sure to cut the soil with regular potting soil, or keep the lime handy.

11. oh yeah, that mix up top looks really good as far as consistancy, lookin foward to see how your super soil works out for you. im sure you wont be disappointed.

12. HI

thanks dread......

13. hey Jay no problem! are you going to use this mix for flowering?

14. hi dread.....yep...... by the way the 1st yor doing to your plant has got me thinking again good work man......laters

15. if youre curious to see how it may benifit you, jus try it on a couple of your seedlings. when they get about 6 inches, jus take a twistie tie, tie the main grow tip down and parallel to the main stem, connect the other end of the twistie to the main stem and thats it. within a 2 days, the bottom will explode out, very little stress involved. within hours, you can see how the leaves try to redirect themselves. thats your proof that everything is all good. this helps out so much with developing the plant into a bush. tall plants are all good, but for outdoors, this gives us closet growers something a lil extra to work with

16. well, several advantages, one you can give up chemicals. 2 organically is more natural, and my favorite reason is taste and density. the plant gets it all with a mix of your choice. i posted a thread about it in indoors, my last grow was screwed because of bad soil. this round i wanted something easy and worry free. by taking all the amendments, bone and blood meal, thats a source of nitrogen and potasium. both are needed for the plants development. one will become available much quicker for the plants use than the other. blood will breakdown and of course be used for its nitrogen source. kelp also can help out with this process and adds 62 trace elements for the plant to consume. the bone takes longer to breakdown, but will become usable right in time for when the plant starts flowering. lime is used to make everything balance out so the plant can flourish. the medium used was compost, with 2 cups of each ammendment added (dehydrated manure also) and allowed to sit for a month. my results are in my journal. over 60 days total growth and at no time have i introduced any kind of chemical nutrients. yesterday was the first time i gave them a kelp tea. and will probably give them one more 3 weeks before harvest date. so advantage? worry free soil, because it has everything the plant needs for its cycle and no worry about measuring out chemicals and possibly overfeeding or jus introducing the byproduct into your body. the rewards, worry free maintenance, jus the usual, a completely different taste and another method of possibilities under your belt.

17. HI....well put dread and we can all see that youve don your home work ...the proof is in your grow journal...im still in two minds about doing 1st on my plants at the mo the reason being as ive already seid once is that iam looking for good strains for future grows....but i now if these plants are happy they will get to big if i over veg.ive tried fim befor and found not every plant takes to it well.......ive got a little while to make my mind uop any way........

18. heres pics of the young ones...the 1 at the top of the pic grew 5 blade leaves straight away......

Attached Files:

19. the one on the bottom right is growing very fast

Attached Files:

20. the 1 on the bottom left is the only one with a name so far and its spike coz it looks that way.......

Attached Files: