Another grow tent question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by hobbyfarmer, Feb 4, 2009.

1. I am going to buy a tent this spring, I'm considering the hydrohut silver series and the secret jardin, not sure which one I'll actually end up getting. My question is about filtering the intake air. Does anyone here do this? My concearn is dust from basement getting circulated in the tent. Any comments appreciated.

2. the silver edition isn't worth the extra money IMO I just bought the regular tent and hung mylar in it... mylar is more reflective and the silver edition has that weird texture and is more of a cloudy color they should name it the grey edition where mylar has more of a mirror finish on it....

as far as your filter question it depends how dirty your basement is... if its dusty, dirty, humid, moldy... if you cant walk down there in socks without getting your socks all nasty then I'd say your fine with out it.. I dont use one and my plants are fine..
    I'd say keep an eye on your humidity for sure if you use a filter or not..

I hope I helped you out good luck

3. Easiest way would be to seal the long vent flaps on the tent and use one of the round holes to bring air in. The just use a charcoal filter, hepa filter or an odor sok to pre filter the air.

4. Thanks for the reply. I do keep the basement clean, however it does get dusty down there. I was thinking or rigging up something like a K&N intake filter through the intake flap. Thanks for the info on the hydro-hut silver, it is more expensive than the others and I thought it looked a little better made. I see a lot of positive feedback on secret jardin searching forums, this may be the way to go. I just hate buying things without seeing them in person and no stores in my area stock them.

5. #5 newgrowNY, Feb 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  6. Thanks thats what I was looking for.

7. #7 jaybee420, Feb 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2009
    I had this same issue few weeks ago and best solution i found, per suggestion on another forum, was to use the filter pads that are used in exhaust hoods in kitchen. This is just black foam material with charchoal fibers, about 1/4 in thick. Also can use filter material outside speakers or black stockings.

I should add all these options are put onto ducting that goes through the bottom exhaust hole in secret jardin tent. Ducting keep hole open and allows easy passive intake. Filter helps keep out dust, bugs, etc and also makes sure no light leaks in

8. #9 newgrowNY, May 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2009
    I believe he was using black duct tape...

9. thanks