Another girls only thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Tinkerbell26, Oct 7, 2008.

1. Ok girls i need some advice from you career stoners. Ok im gonna be more than likely working in an office setting it will be either a social security office or a psychology center office. I have dark skin so bright colors look really pretty on me. Ive been told by the ppl on yahoo answers that navy blue is the most apprpriate BUT i dot own that shade cuz it makes me look as if ive been punched in the eye...so are in between blues ok like for example :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYT2DgKs7v0

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmFtVaAEjrY&feature=related

The girl in the vid works as a chemist in a gasoline plant and she says she wears these colors to work all the time and her boss doesnt care cuz she does her job....I plan on doing my job and could give two shits if the coworkers dont like it..if i want more friends ill go to the bar or the club. My only concern is not getting in trouble or fired. Remember i have dark skin (between beyonce and rhianna) so these colors wont be so bright on me and i dont plan on going past the crease. So what do you guys think? Think my future employer will care even if i am a good worker?

2. well i'm not a girl, but really no one can answer this question except the place you work at. some places have a dress policy where your supposed to wear certain colors, and other places dont care what color you wear as long as it fits the dress code.

so theres your answer right meow

3. I like the purple. You don't want to go to bright especially when your working with the public or dealing with suits. What color/shade are your eyes? I don't wear makeup to work cause I work in a factory, but it's nice to play with on the weekends.

4. I'd say focus on the quality of work you produce rather than your looks.

5. my eyes are ligh brown and ive got dark skin(between beyonce and rhianna) so like i said the blues wont be so harsh on me...i wont be wearing a suit to any of these jobs bc the people that work there wont...they will be dealing with the public (forms and stuff) and if i work for babies cant wait ill be dealing with parents of developmentally delayed kids but i wont be holdong any business meetings or anything lol.

6. I talked to an HR manager and she said as long as im not distracted from my work it and i dont look like mimi from drew carey it shouldnt matter.

7. oh and i wear glasses if that matters lol

8. Go to a Macys or something where they have sample stuff around and play with them. Golds, greens,purples, and blue may all looks nice.

I absolutely agree with you revolution, but some ladies perform their best when they feel they look their best. Especially in office environments. That is one reason I don't work in an office or deal with the public. I don't care to make such an effort on appearance. I'm a wash and go kinda girl.

9. when i started my last job i asked... so i started simple using a bright w/ a neutral than as i was there longer i started going brighter and my bosses actually complimented me all the time.. if u can pull it off people dig it. only color i dont wear in situations like that is my blood red... thats for shows :) which by the way.. Reading PA at the Silo AMB, ABK, BLAZE, AND BOONDOX... 15 DOLLAR TIX... plus "my group's" (management motherfuckers) playing there. www.myspace.com/shangrilasoldierz3

and id be careful w/ the black on the lid can be to dark and wouldnt use much shadow underneath unless its a slight highlight on outer or inner

10. ~Huggles you guys~ thank you you have been so helpful....i bring the question up bc my mom throws a fit(anyone who has read my other threads you see she does that a lot lol) about my blue eyeshadow looks...she says she remembers when men didnt like girls who wore makeup(my dad she means) bc they thought it made them look like clowns:rolleyes:...my stepfather says makeup should be natural not even jewel tone colors like gold and green....my mom says that if she was my boss shed fire me over it ..i dont think that legal especially if im doing my job lol...anyways what about pinks my second fav color? Are pinks ok to wear to the office?

11. ur a girl arent u :) like i said try the pink w/ a natural "normal" color for the base and just blend the pink in the corner v ... and i wouldnt put the pink under eye at all not for office anyways

12. Heyyy i see ur myspace :) be my myspace friend :)

13. You do know, that a thread that says "Girls only thread" is gunna attract a lot more guys. haha.

It's like us not going into the woman's only bathrooms..

Oh wait, I'm the only one who does that!?!:confused:

Just kidding :D

-AFD

14. i saiirls only GET OUT lol j/k .....i figure guys dont even wanna seethis question cos its about makeup lol....but if you do have any input on my eyeshadow choices go ahead lol

15. Works for me. Use red to blend into your eyes when your high :smoke:

-AFD

16. i have red eyeshadow dont tempt me:p

17. if it works do it