Another Drug War Casualty

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by AmsterdamdreamN, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Louisville Metro Police Chief Robert White said yesterday that he has sent a preliminary report of Saturday's fatal shooting involving an officer to the Jefferson commonwealth's attorney's office, but it will be at least a month before the criminal investigation is complete.

In another development, the FBI said yesterday that it is investigating the death of 19-year-old Michael Newby, who was shot three times in the back by an undercover police officer during an alleged attempted drug buy.

It more or less basically boils down to this. Undercover cop pulls gun on armed suspect. They wrestle for cops gun. Suspect tries to flee, cop empties his gun at suspects back, hitting him 3 times. A lot of local orginizations are saying that it is more of a 'racial' thing than a 'war on drugs' thing. I personally don't know. All I know, is a 19 year old person is dead over $100 of crack. Now I don't like crak, in fact, I almost detest it. It has ruined a couple of my friends lives. But I don't think ANYONE should lose their life trying to sell it. I'm going to post another local story in a minute about something else happening in Lou KY.

For the full story on THIS click the link -> http://courier-journal.com/localnews/2004/01/07ky/met-front-shoot0107-13346.html

2. This is terrible. While I do not approve of crack either, it is this kind of inability to distinguish between violent and non-violent crime that is causing peaceful, nonviolent people to receive FAR worse punishments than they deserve. We need a fucking liberal in the White House. If there are actually any of them left.