another depressive thread

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RustyCakePan, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Definitely just try to show up each day and give it a shot. Life problems reduced me to a sleeping drone for a while and I came out of a dark place, and started applying the idea that nothing's perfect, and just show up. I would especially be aware, if you're studying arts, that you might be your worst critic. I've always worked in a creative field, and it can be killer to your career if you start doubting yourself.

Keep yer head up.

2. weednotcrack: thanks for the link, but actually I had tried to go on nutritious diet with mostly fresh fruits and veggies and it did not seem to help much. Though I admit that I did go on a few "bad" food binge about once a week. Also kind of dropped off from running now that it is really cold
    I guess I should try to hit the gym and run indoors till spring =\

thanks brody, honestly I was told more than once that I am being overly critical on my work =\
    Honestly it scares me since what I really want to do I pretty much need to be the top couple of % and I am not quite there yet. Guess this is the problem when you worry too much about the future. Feels so stupid to be stressed about things that is not here yet but can't seem to help it >.<"

3. just hang in there bro. i know it's not easy, i've dealt with my own depression for several years now. im just now beginning to see that im going to have to accept life as it is, and just enjoy it while i can :smoke:

4. thanks for the support bro. I hope I can learn to accept things faster, guess I am still too hung up over my mistakes. (even though I got a feeling most people don't even remember them..)

5. There's definitely nothing wrong with worrying about the future, I mean....it's your future:) I'm just about removing the idea of perfect from the equation. :)
    It is kinda weird to be creating art, and then having it graded. Back when I was in school I wrote this 20 page poem for a class and got a C on it. I talked to the teachers aid, she said it looked like I didn't spend that much time on it. I was like "wtf"!! So I had to break it down line by line to explain the imagery, and ended up getting an A. Redickolus.

6. My parents made me sooo black or white

7. How the hell can a 20page poem NOT have thought and time spent on it?
    I guess it is really all about how you sell the product/work...

Also, I think I would have to be on T-break for a very long time :(
    Did not realize how expensive it is to see a psychiatrist and my insurance can only claim $50 per visit. Sigh.

8. All I can say is....there are entirely too many things to worry about in current day society (chores, jobs, school, money, your future, a car, health, relationships, housing, laundry, politics, etc). Hence why about 19 million people are depressed? I think there's a correlation here.

9. No way you can make a smoking buddy? Its good just have regular company, especially when you're getting all blazed and having a good time.

10. i wayne: I like how laundry makes that list hahaha. I do agree that the way of life seemed to be a little fucked up and gives people way too much stress. Most of the things we do now is simply not "natural" anymore. Not forgetting that there is also all the expectations of other people, as well as those who leaves you at the first sign of trouble even though that is when you need help the most.

richard: I only know 2 people who smokes here well actually. However it is reduced to 1 since one of them was the one I mentioned in the post that is no longer talking to me. My other buddy is one of my best friends but his connection quit so he is always dry too so we pretty much just hang out sober nowadays. Though I did smoke some unmentionables (the one that GC sells and is legal in the state I reside in) with him on thanksgiving.
    I love getting blazed but the sad thing is it really doesn't help me solve any problem. The moment I sober up it hits me in my face again.