Another Buddhism thread - I love the Dalai Lama

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by ArgoSG, May 16, 2011.

1. #1 ArgoSG, May 16, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2011
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

How could I not love the Dalai Lama? I don't mean "really like", by the way. I mean feel a deep sense of love for, this human being. A human being who is essentially, genuinely concerned with compassion and avoiding suffering, and clearly not just for himself. If something he does is wrong, he wants to know about it, and change it. The kicker? If science contradicts some facet of Buddhism, Buddhism will change.

"From my own limited experience I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion."

How could you not love this? A point of comparison:

[​IMG]

This man, I do not love. While perhaps he would tell you he is just as concerned with compassion and suffering as the Dalai Lama, only an idiot would believe him. Why?

Well, there's the business with the child rape which most probably spanned deep into the origins of the Catholic church, that is to say, for centuries. You know, where tens of thousands of children were raped, and the priests were the ones protected and relocated to ensure their safety, instead of reported to the police? Heir Ratzinger was in charge of this little operation.

Then there's the whole "you can't use condoms" in AIDS-plagued Africa.

Lastly, if they're so concerned with suffering, why don't they just end a vast amount of it in one fell swoop, as Sarah Silverman nicely points out:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bObItmxAGc]YouTube - Sell The Vatican, Feed The World (HD, Official)[/ame]
    [​IMG]

2. That was incredible, the picture of the Pope was hilarious, and that Sarah Silverman video was great.

3. There are more sinister looking pictures of the pope which I chose not to use, because even that would be unfair to him. Just do a search on google images. My favorite is the one with the red hat.