Another Blow To The Pharmacy... Doesn't Surprise Me

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Crypto Tech, May 10, 2011.

1. Probe to Reveal Link Between Vaccine Settlements and Autism - Fox News Video - FoxNews.com

Now we've all heard about the possible links between autism and certain vaccines.

The Vaccine culprit is supposedly the MMR vaccine.

The deadly effects of the virus is the virus' ability to attack and bind to cells-Marijuana has been shown to have the exclusive ability to programmed cell death-Though I'm not suggesting this as a replacement, just suggesting research into a [possibly] healthier alternative to injecting deadly virus' in the human body.

Not the first time the Pharma has been blamed for its hypocritical distribution of deadly drugs in the name of profit-So sad...

But the Government paying millions to families? Now this is getting political.

2. #2 chiefton8, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    There is NO association between autism and vaccines. Never has been. A little history: There was ONE study that claimed to have linked autism with vaccines, which has since been retracted and proven to be pure scientific fraud. Any talk about said link is a waste of time, energy, money and effort.

Retracted autism study an 'elaborate fraud,' British journal finds - CNN.com

3. Yeah but injecting yourself with mercury is perfectly fine :rolleyes:

4. Instead of rolling your eyes and relying on nothing more than your high school biochemistry education (correct me if I'm wrong), you could provide a link to a study that shows said type of mercury (not just any mercury) at those levels (not excessive levels) is proven harmful. And the one retracted study in question doesn't count.

5. And...

Mercury is often used because of its high density...

Google

And:

Auxilium Pharmaceuticals, Inc. Announces First Quarter 2011 Financial Results and Operational Highlights -- MALVERN, Pa., May 9, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --

Distilled water is a filler in a lot of vaccines. See what I did there?

6. #6 chiefton8, May 10, 2011
    That was a big post having nothing to do with mercury in vaccines and its supposed link with autism. In fact, you're talking about methylmercury, which has nothing whatsoever to do with the thiomersal in vacinnes. They are two distinct compounds with completely different properties. You're comparing apples and oranges here. Actually, it's more like you're comparing rocks with lemons.

Unless of course you're trying to imply vaccines are dangerous because the distilled water in them has mercury in it? :laughing: If distilled water has mercury in it, then it's not distilled now is it? In fact, I would bet the water used in vaccines is not only distilled but also been through a reverse osmosis system to make it even more pure (any water used in the sciences is RO water, not just distilled). It's not exactly difficult to separate traces of mercury (or just about anything else) from water. People have been purifying and distilling water for centuries.

I find it odd that you're more worried about the amount of mercury in ~0.5 ml of distilled water used in vaccines than you are the liter of tap water you're drinking out of your glass right now.

Just delete this thread already.

7. How bout no? This is a recent news article about recent settlements on the issue.
    Do you honestly believe everything the scientists tell you? The same scientists that're employed by the government?

GTFO.

8. #8 chiefton8, May 10, 2011
    That's fine. But try to contribute to your own thread. You've responded to nothing I've written, ignored all the information I've presented, and made a fallacious suggestion that we are being poisoned by distilled water. My apologies if I didn't see the point of your thread. :rolleyes:

No, I don't. In fact, I believe a lot less than the average person does when it comes to the media's interpretation of science. That's why I have a PhD in Biochemistry and read the primary literature myself to make judgments on these issues. And I don't care if you believe me or not...that's not the point. The point is that if you want to show that I'm wrong in what I've said, you should contribute something relevant to the issue, ideally with sources...and not just a "Don't believe anything the government says!!!" assertion, as if that's some sort of proof that what I've said is wrong.

FYI: Most scientists receive funding from the government that is granted and managed by independent scientists who are not employed by government. The reality is that relatively few principle investigators are actually employed by the government. No one is saying there aren't flaws in the system, but don't project this conspiracy theory stuff as if it somehow gives credit to a study that has been proven to be a fraud by multiple independent sources.