Another Attack on the 1st Amendment

Discussion in 'Politics' started by lilro, Jul 20, 2013.

1. http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2013/jul/19/us-press-publishing-us-constitution-and-civil-liberties

2. #2 Rotties4Ever, Jul 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2013
    thats pretty terrible, you can say what the fuck only so many times. before you just say fuck it and hit the bottle.

edit- we need to hope for an overwheling amount of fucking people ratting out those corrupt cock suckers, then they cant do shit. When you have 20 or 30 mannings or snowdens, you can overwhelm the enemy.

3. So what are the repercussions if they don't speak? Gonna throw the journalist in jail?

Deep Throat is probably rolling over in his grave

4. What first ammendment?

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. I believe that the effect this ruling may have on our courts is a more hands on and truth-to-justice approach involving cases regarding domestic and international security.

If someone took a bunch of classified government documents and leaked them to whoever, I want the agencies/people he leaked them to - or got hold of them - or whoever was in cahoots with - to testify and help the trial progress to justice.

6. Ok but if you punish this reporter for not snitching then you destroy all confidentiality.

If you do that then the idea of whistleblowing is out the door.

7. Not just whistleblowing, controversial news of any kind. Who's going to try to get that exclusive interview with the next Al Qaeda leader when they risk prison time for associating with terrorists?