Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

another 420 brownie thread

Discussion in 'Weed Edibles' started by nubfuxer, Apr 17, 2010.

1. hey gc,

sorry for making another brownie thread but from the(short:cool:) research i have done i have a question.

most of the recipes i come across recommend up to half an oz to a half cup of oil ratio.

for my brownies i'm going to be using a full oz.

should i use a full cup of oil? i'm not looking to make a TON of brownies just some really potent ones so i figured i should probably stick with half a cup of oil but i dont know if a full oz will 'smother' the oil.

so gc, what am i to do?? make 2 batches of brownies with a full cup or can i use half a cup and make some super potent brownies:confused:

2. bump........

3. make super potent brownies.. thats my 2 cents.

4. with a half cup of oil? have you ever made brownies? i'm kind of looking for advice from someone who has done this.

with oil but butter

5. bump only 1 more day left and i need answers!!!!!!!!! HELPPPP

6. most of the recipes i come across recommend up to half an oz to a half cup of oil ratio.

Do you mean you have canna oil. Or do you mean you are planning on adding half an oz based on the recipe calling for half a cup of oil.

Please clarify.

If using cannabis infused oil just follow the recipe. If you are mixing ground bud in the brownies please make that clear. You can usually put as much weed as you want in the brownies just add a little extra liquid.

It is far better to make canna oil or canna butter and cook with that. The results will taste better and will be more effective. Hope this helps

7. i'm making the oil

i'm asking if i should put an oz into 1 cup of oil or into half a cup

8. Ok. It sounds like you are making canna oil. I usually use an ounce of quality trim per cup of oil or half pound of butter. My trim is from just the buds and the tiny booger buds that aren't worth trimming. When making oil I just mix the trim and oil and cook on the lowest simmer setting on the smallest burner for 8-10 hours. FYI I plan to try 22 hours in the future based on recent information I have seen. Then I strain the oil (or butter) using cheese cloth. When it cools I just measure it and use it as per the recipe.

This information may also help.
    When I make snickerdoodles I use one cup of butter and it makes about 70 top 80 totally chronic cookies. When I make brownies I make a double batch so I can use half canna oil and half cooking oil since you only get 12 brownies. Otherwise with my canna oil they would be too strong.

Yes medibles can be too strong. I just use mine to go to sleep. After about 55 to 65 minutes it is difficult to keep your eyes open.