Another 1st Timer.

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by boredcanuck, Aug 3, 2010.

1. Hi everyone,

A little while ago, I decided to try a grow. This is a history of where I am at so far. Seed was a single Greenhouse "Cheese", using 3 x42 watt Daylight CFL, and one 27 watt 2700K CFL for vegging.

For the start, did the good old seed in paper towels, took about 2 weeks for the seed to crack, and after planting, took about 4 days to break the surface.

Attached Files:

• 5-30.jpg
      5-30.jpg
      File size:
      106.1 KB
      Views:
  2. After a few weeks of decent growth, the plant needed more room, so I went to a larger pot.

Attached Files:

3. The new pot helped out, and I cut back on watering, my plant grew stronger.

Attached Files:

4. At this point, I decided to try some training, mainly so that I don't end up with a super tall plant.

Attached Files:

5. After a trip out of town, and a few rounds of visitors at my house, I finally had more time to care for my plant, and decided to take a few cutting as well.

Attached Files:

6. Another week and a half, my plant is growing even better, and my cuttings look healthy, but still hadn't shown roots, I had to dry them out a bit and see if that helped.

Attached Files:

7. Looks a little over watered. Thats just my .02. Other than that tho it's looking good. Cuttings look decent too. Hope a female shows up your way soon.

Peace.

EDIT: Do you have any plans for another light source. I think when you start flowering and if your clones take to their new lifestyle would you have enough light for all of them?

8. Drying the cuttings helped, and I planted my first 3 of the 4 clones, the other just showed root and is waiting for it's transplant today.

I am still not seeing any signs of sex, after roughly ten weeks since planting. I think I am going to grow the clones for a week or two, and start them onto a flowering cycle.

Attached Files:

9. I actually have a box built for flowering, and was planning on roughly 150 actual watts of CFL, all 2700K for that.

So far as watering, I try to let the soil completely dry to 2 inches down before watering, maybe I can give it a bit longer than that?

10. They look good now. I was talking about the first 5 post. Didn't know you were this far along all ready.

11. Oh yeah, I was definitely giving too much water at first, figured that out and the plant got much healthier!

12. Been busy, but I thought I would update this. I have had my first plant flowering for awhile (don't remember exactly), and it is coming along well. I do have a few stems that can't support the weight of their colas however. Rough problem to have I know. I am wondering, should I keep them supported sideways, like they are, or let them hang down, and try to grow back up?

Oh and I am watching the trichromes and pistils, still looks like I have a little ways to go, as the trichromes still look very clear all over the plant.

Enough talk, on to pictures.

Attached Files: