Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Anorexia Nervosa as a diagnosis in Colorado

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by Moegain, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey guys! Haven't been on here in a while, life has flown by! I just recently moved to Colorado for a few reasons. One was to seek treatment for my eating disorder that has almost killed me (twice). I'm doing better now, but I find myself having short episodes of depression that leave me feeling worthless, useless, and sometimes thoughts of suicide slip into my head. While this whole thing has been going on I haven't.

I remember a year ago i was have the same short episodes of depression and countering it with cannabis. I know cannabis is not used to treat depression in Colorado, but what about anorexia nervosa?

Anorexia is not specifically mentioned but cachexia (the inability to eat) is. Could i some how spin my case to get a card? I have a formal diagnosis for Anorexia Nervosa and Chronic Depression.

Also if this helps, I am taking Prozac and it KILLS my appetite. I need to watch the clock to see if it's time to eat again otherwise i would starve and end up in the hospital again.

Any comments are appreciated!

2. I wouldn't put depression on the application. Doctors are hesistant to use that as a reason because in a lot of cases marijuana can cause depression, which personally I agree with.

I would definitely say that it helps you to eat but at the same time they are also hesistant to sign the papers if they suspect any mental illness, and anorexia isn't too common.

Perhaps if you find the medication is giving you severe migraines you could get the signature very easy and skip the anorexia reasoning. Sure does help my migraines. If you need any more specific answers feel free to inbox me.

3. Thanks for the feedback! I get really bad headaches in the morning and I'm pretty sure it's from prozac. It's not a migraine but i could probably claim it

4. I have big problems when it comes to eating. I'm 5'7" & 100lbs.
    My Dr wrote the rec for atrophic gastritis with a explanation of suggesting strong Sativas to stimulate appetite.
    Good luck!
    Debbie :)

5. Please review the stickies

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.