Anonymous taps FBI and Scotland yard phone call(s)

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Deleted member 472633, Feb 3, 2012.

1. More reason we must regulate the internet against the evil hackers. :rolleyes:

2. LOL. Woooo

3. Go anonymous! Woohoo, stick it to the man!:yay:

4. I wouldn't be cheering too much, not all is as it would seem.

One in four US hackers 'is an FBI informer' | Technology | The Guardian

The FBI infiltrated the KKK in the 60s, why would it be impossible for them to infiltrate Anonymous now?

5. I thought the article was somewhat misleading. But it does seem true, that 1 in 4 "hackers" arrested become hired by the FBI to spy and rat out the others. Most of the people arrested for hacking are usually children and would jump at the chance to make a deal with the feds

and are these the same Anon hackers that accused Ron Paul of collaborating with right wing supremacists? Damnit Ron Paul, stop getting accused of being a racist!

6. the same ones?

are you sure about that?

i thought it was pirasec that did the thing with Paul :confused:

7. [​IMG]

Such damning evidence!!! :rolleyes:

8. Considering KKK is mainly US based, and a bunch of fucking dumb hicks, it couldn't have been too difficult. Also, there was no internet in the 60's, making it a lot easier to achieve such an infiltration.

Anonymous, however, is internet based, so there's actually a massive difference in terms of possibility of infiltration. There are people all over the world that contribute to these Anonymous antics, and they're smarter and way more savvy than some 60's supremacists.

9. Yeah but still.

I'm sure there are a few agents at least. Maybe just minor infiltration but it cant not be there.

10. have they done anything of significance yet?

11. ^ lol yea that was worth posting

anonymous could very well be ilfiltrated by the FBI, it's very possible. I don't know what to think of this, go anonymous?

12. Anon seems to be ramping up their actions... perhaps this trend will continue

13. #16 Tripace, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2012
    Did you read the article? They intercepted a "secure" phone call between FBI and Scotland Yard, concerning Anonymous. They even said that within the call, names of members were mentioned. Now, I'd be willing to bet money, that anyone working with the FBI that is "inside" anonymous, already has their name known to the group, and therefore, the only info that person/people gets, is either completely false, or else so minor that they don't care who gets it.;)

And in fact, I wouldn't doubt that anonymous has members that were "busted" by the FBI, just to be offered jobs with the Feds, so that in fact, they could actually be double agents, and report secret FBI info to anonymous to help them avoid detection/being caught...

14. thats just a wet dream. ^

some one is detached from reality

15. The lawyer for one of the defendants discussed in the recording actually said that, far from "intercepting a secure phone call", the information was from an intercepted e-mail with an audiofile attachment.

It doesn't, therefore, mean that they have 'inside men' or whatever. Lets not get ahead of ourselves here...

BBC News - FBI probes Anonymous intercept of US-UK hacking call

16. http://www.zdnet.com/blog/london/anonymous-intercepts-records-fbi-scotland-yard-cybercrime-call/2896

No, it wasn't a recording, they intercepted the phone call itself. The email they intercepted first contained details from one party on how to set up the secure conference call for the others who were supposed to be involved, except that anonymous also managed to get the details and set up their own receiver to be able to listen in and record the conference call as it took place.

17. That would be awesome but you have watched one too many movies. In my experience of dealing with hackers they are usually young people who are terrified by the thought of going to prison or getting hurt. They are very tough behind a cpu but get face to face with them and they fold like a bad poker hand. Take away the cpu and a hacker becomes a bumbling pussy. I wouldn't doubt that one in 4 that get caught flip. Bunch of degenerates with no honor\integrity.