Anonymous is now going after OH football team

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by RedMagic, Dec 24, 2012.

1. Walking the streets is the ultimate state of vulnerability. You are out in public, exposed to the elements and everyone in it. She was at a party in a house surrounded by people who could have said something but chose not to. Being a drunk girl doesn't mean you are to blame if someone choses to take advantage of you. While it is a possibility that things like this could happen, it's not because of the victim putting themselves in the situation, it's the attacker creating a dangerous situation out of every day life. Bad things don't happen because people "ask for it", they happen because bad people want it to happen, so they make it happen. Maybe if people understood that it's bad intentions that should be blamed rather than incautious behavior, then less rape would happen.

2. Not around me, im actually a very nice guy. But there are people like the guys in the story above.

3. Hahahaha, nice guy who blames a rape victim.

Yep.

4. Man this is a harsh thread lol. With the type of people who were at this party, the girl should have been more careful with how much she drank and who she was with. It would have never happened if she had been around friends and not had so much to drink. The boys obviously were in the wrong as well. I never said they werent. But please, dont hate me for voicing an opinion..:(

5. We don't have to agree with your opinion, you don't have to agree with ours.

I won't hate you for voicing your victim-blaming opinions, but don't hate me when I voice the opinion that you are exactly what keeps rape culture alive and I hate that.

6. These boys met her at one party, saw she was obliterated and proceeded to take her to two other parties.

She had little control over any of what happened and I think it's kinda fucked up that people still blame the victims.

7. The girl is not at fault here but she put herself in the most high risk position and should realize that. Its not like she was making good choices.
    You dont see me going to the ghetto and calling them poor n****** and then go to the police when i get jumped

Its Dumb to victimize a drunk guy and put a drunk girl on a pedestal

8. it would have never happened if society would instill good morals in their kids and not have adults just letting it happen like its no big deal.

9. She is fucking 16. She was doing what most girls her age do, she was looking for acceptance in the form of a high school party. Normally, 16 year old girls don't make the brightest decisions.

For people to use that to justify RAPE is insane.

How exactly are we "victimizing drunk guys"?

10. how are the drunk guys the victims in this case at all????

11. Seriously guys look back and think how many times YOU drank too much and what it would be like if it happened to you? What if a group of buff homosexual men took your drunk ass to two gay parties then proceeded to prolapse your anus and tweet about it. The response would be different :laughing:

edit: Another thing is that people WATCHED THIS HAPPEN and not one person stepped in. The one guy who told his friend he shouldn't be doing that should have shoved his fist down his buddies throat. Even if my best friend was fucking a passed out girl i'd fuck him up;

12. Well she did have control of how much she was drinking, and who she was with.

13. Didn't mean to say victimize for this case, i Changed my sentence midway through typing

14. But thats the thing, society is far from perfect. Its not fair for girls, but its the way it is.

15. If we had the same attitude towards racism and bigotry this would be a very different world. :rolleyes:

Just because majority thinks it's okay, doesn't mean it always right.

16. How so?? I dont get what your saying there.

17. Rape crate?

18. Most girls her age, are you serious, either you went to the trashy party capital of the world. Most girls aren't dumb enough to pass out at a party with people they don't know. Statistically about 50% of teens drink about 20% more than once a year. 5% of these teens do it with an adult family member. the remaining 15% of teens drink at parties or hanging out with friends. I don't think many of these do this with unknown people

19. Did you not read the article? She was at a party and they took her to two others parties.

She was at a party where, I'm sure she knew the people. Then these two d-bags took her elsewhere.

20. You said "But thats the thing, society is far from perfect. Its not fair for girls, but its the way it is."

So you're saying that even though society has a twisted way of thinking, we can't do anything about it and that's just how it is; when that is far from how society works. Society is indeed imperfect, but to have the attitude that "that's how it is" is what would keep things like civil rights movements from happening. If there is a group of people who feel society isn't fair to them, they rarely just roll over and take it unless they are brought down by the fact that their views hold great stigmas in their community or even society.

So what I am saying is you are just re-enforcing old school thinking that a victim is even slightly to blame in a rape situations because that's what society has always told you. That may be what you heard from birth, but that doesn't mean it's a right way of thinking.