Anonymous is everywhere. Expect us.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Grizmoblust, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Honestly, since the mask was first used on 4chan after V for Vendetta I get the impression that people using the mask in public are going to be weird murderers and rapists.

I'm just glad they're opposing the government as opposed to marching around like a group of creepy zodiac killers, jesus.

2. I don't work, I dont live in USA and I'm Canadian.

I'm in the wrong thread.

3. The 'hero' in the movie was neither...oh he did kill, but only those that were the enemy within the system.
    He protected the innocent, educated them, inspired them to regain their freedoms and liberties...in the intro scene of the movie, he saved a woman from being raped by the 'state police'.

It's a good movie if you can get an uncut version (some TV stations seem to cut the piss out of it, even to the point of making the hero look like the bad guy)

4. You can arrest an idea.
    Or you could take the harsh way out and just execute people. That generally tends to stop the problem. Everyone's entitled to an opinion man, and mine is that Anon cannot do shit. A really crappy security firm found a few of their head members and got them arrested lol... People don't pay enough attention to this crap for it to mean something.

These guys got internationally busted, they aren't that good.

16 Suspected 'Anonymous' Hackers Arrested in Nationwide Sweep - FoxNews.com

Spain says it has arrested Anonymous hackers | Security - CNET News

Anonymous suspects arrested in Italian police raids - TNW Europe

5. That's actually false.

6. How naive...as if good hackers would be caught so easy...they create false trails that lead to others being busted...never a trail leading to their own group members.

Old school trick was, and probably still is, to 'bounce' off a few other locations to hide your location...even bouncing off your own location in the process to confuse the fook out of 'in the box thinking' agencies..not that I ever did that...nope...not me...that's illegal you know...

Today, some use 'proxies' thinking they are 'safe' and hide who they are and what they look at online, never understanding that proxies keep records that leo's can access. No real hacker uses a proxy to hide behind.

Real hackers create their own 'proxies' and branch out with huge networks of proxies using botnet mechanics now.

Wanna guess what anonymous's real 'hackers' do to engage 'the enemy'? ;)
    Ever wonder how easy it is to access cell towers?
    How about using hacked satellites?
    maybe tapping into secured/unsecured wifi to hack others from...?
    Possible to mask a MAC addy?
    Fake header info of a datagram packet?
    Even alter routing tables on those HUGE router systems to hide your originator?

..oh the list goes on and on...:p

...and I repeat, I do not do these things.:cool:

7. They hit a Granite City my brother, his wife & friends were at Friday night. Dude in a dark hoodie with the mask comes runnin up to their table on the patio and slaps a flyer down on the table and runs off. Scared the piss out of em, lucky he didn't get layed out bum rushin the table in gear like that. A couple others stormed the inside of the restaurant too. In & out before anyone could realize what happened. While I appreciate their message, that's not the way to go about fostering change.

8. <warning, heavy sarcasm ahead>

Non violent attention grabbing spreading of info isn't the way to get a message to the masses?

Wow...maybe they should all just invade places of business with weapons and occupy those places, killing a few innocent people while taking out a single 'enemy' that is really in another place of business they weren't occupying...ya, that sounds like the right way to foster change...build up trust and friendship at rifles length, the American way!!!!:cool:

It's peaceful, attention whoring, not a threat to anyone or anything....meh, such childish behaviour, silly kiddies...:eek:

Change in the USA has only come about via use of force and lots of death, so lets not try to use non-violent means to get back to the ideal we started with in 1776...:rolleyes:

9. It would help if they didn't reference a movie by the watchowski brothers as their inspiration/mascot.

Or advocate cyber-freedom by hacking. :rolleyes:

Put on a fucking tie and do it properly.

10. The ones we see in the news are akin to the armchair quarterbacks and over zealous pro game attendees...they toss on the fan-boy attire and makeup, get a bit of fame if a camera gets on them, and fade away from the public soon after(attention whoredom amateurs at best)...:laughing::laughing::laughing:

We will not see the real 'hackers' in the news, online bragging, or even a photo with a bag over their heads...we will never hear shit about those people. If caught, they will 'go away' or be on BB's payroll.:eek:

11. Been expecting them for a while now...

12. i don't see how "anonymous" could ever stand for a certain political agenda.

saying they stand for 'freedom' is a lame bit. hackers that hack for only political reasons are almost non-existent, considering the high-profile dumps that most of anonop-affiliated hackers completed were done to exploit financial data of everyday citizens.

hackers hack for the wow-factor, putting a message behind it just makes the bandwagon a bit faster. kids can't resist it.

13. Whenever there is a revolutionary group that stands for justice, there are other youth that talk shit about them for whatever reason.

Anonymous is no messiah, but I accept it with open arms. They are revolutionaries around the world and yes they are not going to be some CIA skilled people, they are ordinary people. It is a movement and I see that they do make a statement with some of their actions. It is the beginning of a possible world wide revolution, perhaps not under the banner of anonymous, but a revolution nontheless.

14. People never expect the Vendetta Inquisitions!
    [​IMG]BWAHAHAHA:D

15. Sarcasm or no, rushing a restaurant in a hoodie & mask creates a very thin line between violence & non-violence. All it would take is one highly-alert & protective/vigilant person to turn the whole thing violent in a second. Wont be long before someone rushes into a restaurant wearing a hoodie & V mask and detonates a suicide vest.

16. Talk about getting ahead of the facts. :eek:

17. Whats funny is according to this group you believe in so much.
    Released statements claiming revenge for their brothers who were arrested.
    Anon is bullshit, and it's funny that people support them LoL.

18. just sayin, when you rush a public place in a disguise people tend to suspect something bad is about to happen. Do it enough times and people start to become desensitized, and that's when they let their guard/security down and open the door to terrorism. There's a million different ways to go about trying to change the system, this is one of the more juvenile and amateur

19. Oh I agree. But if you're going to blow yourself up with a bomb vest, I think hiding your identity isn't exactly necessary.

20. There is no reason to try and explain to the people of GC what anonymous is about. The members of this site hate EVERYTHING.

U could post a article about jesus christ himself comming back to earth and ending all suffering, and u would have 35 replies saying "hes a fag".