Annoyed that my girlfriend is going vegan...

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by NeRDxARCHON, Feb 12, 2014.

Nuh uh. 

2. I understand that, to a point. My last girlfriend and I were together almost 4 years. I moved two hours away from home, quit college, lost all my friends, and found a new job for her. And she cheated on me. So I feel like I gave up a huge part of my life for her. I don't want my girlfriend to do that with me.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. Ugh. I can't wait to go home and smoke until I can't even remember my name.

4. Problem solved.

5. "it bothers me that it bothers me.  It shouldn't bother me"

6. True, although you're simply not going to get the certain nutrition you get from meat anywhere else.

7. As long as sje doesnt pressure you you to do it or judge you, just be cool about it. Accept her.

Relationships are about compromise. Youll never find a perfect someone so.as long as you get along thats good

Sent from my LG-E739 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Exactly. Lol.

9. It's just that it's all she talks about recently. Like I don't want to hear about it ALL DAY. I don't tell her all about my diet or how often it's making me shit. Lol

10. Dude, my girlfriend's roomy is a vegan. But, while she may not rub it in your face (I've seen her even cook burgers for people, just eat a mushroom paddy her self hah), but man... She's kinda gross. I mean, she's a very attractive girl, but being around her a lot makes me feel like vegans must have terribly angry digestive systems -_-

11. Dude, I know some vegans. Their farts smell SO. BAD. like, oh my god. Gagging just thinking about it.

13. I dont think you understand the difference between vegetarian and vegan

14. the original post said 'you require meat', nothing about dairy, honey, wool, leather etc.

15. You know what, she is probably just excited about it, like its new its relevant to her. Be happy that she shares what interests her with you. If she ends up being annoying with it long term just low key like joke tell her so she realizes that you might think that.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If you can't learn to support a partners goals - especially when it isn't something in particular that YOU want - you'll have a hard time ever enjoying a mutually beneficial relationship.

IE your GF wants to join dance studio, but you think dancing is stupid therefore she shouldn't do it.

IE the BF wants to go to the gym, but GF is insecure and afraid he's going to check out other chicks therefore he shouldn't do it.

Plus it speaks volumes when your partner doesn't support your goals. That's real disappointing.

Besides, your GF could be all ramped up for some new experience that isn't healthy, instead. IE rather than trying out vegan (which is very healthy) she could be getting all excited about smoking cigarettes, going out clubbing every Friday night, yadda yadda.

I tried out the vegan diet for a while, to experience it first hand. I also utilized a raw foods diet for a few weeks, before doing vegan, to specifically heal an injury I had. The 2nd priority was also health related - using it as a form of a cleanse.

Seriously, in terms of nutrients, enzymes and how they interact with our body, a raw foods-based vegan diet is capable of reversing and treating many health issues, up to and including cancer. I work in the health field and so I am exposed to this type of info all the time. It goes way beyond hipster douche cliches (those types annoy me too...), there's a ton of important reasons to utilize healthy diets.

Today, I eat meat because I am a 6'4" 210 pound man who lifts weights, hikes and works hard. I personally benefit from meat consumption and had a real hard time hitting my protein requirements (100+g/day, usually 150+) while doing raw/vegan. But I know of many athletes who do accomplish this, bodybuilders and triathletes and such. But you better believe I stick to grass fed, wild, free-range, pastured, organic and so on. If you don't think there is a difference, start doing research because you will find that it matters on many levels. But the scope extends way beyond this thread so I won't even begin to dive into that!

Be a standup guy and support your GF. It isn't even all that expensive - and I speak from experience. It is only expensive if you are living on top ramen and other processed, nutritionally defunct foods to begin with. In that case, any form of healthy eating will seem expensive to you. I'm not rich (yet) by any means and doing raw/vegan was cheaper than what I would usually spend on groceries.

This is due in part, to the extremely high nutrient and fiber profile of raw foods. Most processed foods are so defunct that you can over-eat and STILL be malnourished (this happens to many people who live off fast-food). By comparison, eating a big, leafy green salad with lots of fresh veggies seems like a "snack" or appetizer but it provides the body with so much more nutrition that it is a more fulfilling meal.

Best of luck! Don't be like most uneducated guys - acting like a chump waiting to say, "I TOLD YOU SO!!" if she fails. Be a real man and support her goals. Besides, if anything she'll just end up healthier and with more energy for fun stuff - like outdoor adventures and humping eachother silly. But all of that goes out the window if you don't support her!

• Like Like x 1
  17. try and explain to her how unhealthy it is to be vegan, humans are omnivores for a reason. it wont be easy though, in my experience they are usually very bullheaded and unwilling to listen to reason. 

18. My gf's roomy is actually slowly turning unvegan, but like... uber slowly (she's going to study in Japan, kinda hard to avoid animal products in a country ruled by fish lovers). Like, the other day she tasted some bbq sauce -_- but yeah, they really don't realize the detrimental effects on their health or intestines.

She also apparently has terrible trouble ingesting milk and the like, she said she was bloated/crappy feeling for hours after some milk...

19. ^Because we shouldn't drink milk. So many people are lactose intolerant because lactose is unnecessary.
    There are enough iron and b12 enriched foods to easily live a healthy vegan lifestyle.
    Lots of soy definitely makes farts fuckin rancid though.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  20. It's all bullshit. If god didn't want me to eat animals he wouldn't have made them delicious!