Anime?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by Vicious, Feb 16, 2008.

1. i don't know one person that would guess I like anime. Sadly, I'm partly ashamed to say it. Dont watch it so much anymore but when I was little my cousin kinda got me into it, which makes me have a weird appreciation, and fear of it now. It can probably rot my brain faster than any drug with their catchy J-pop, cute little antics, with a 100% wtf. Then again. Who didnt grow up on DBZ?

Like I said, I rarely watch it now, but I go through phases where I'll be a star war fanatic one week, then into something else another.

Made me think of it the other night. I sold most my regular dvds. I thought I sold my FLCL set but I didn't. Might smoke a bowl and pop that shit in.

So what are some good shows? A lot of anime I can't stand beacause it's so fucking cliche and predictable, many of the characters of the same traits as every other show.

I'll start with:
    FLCL
    Hellsing
    Akira
    Princess Mananoke

Please don't tell me Inuyasha. Nauroto or Bleach or anything like that. I'll burn my face off before I watch it.

2. i've been gettin into the shows on adult swim. Blood+, Eureka 7, Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, FLCL when they show it. i also love Sailor Moon. always have.

3. I'm a fan of bleach. I'm doing my best not to become an anime person lol, but bleach has my full attention (what is about to be coming up is going to be sweeeetttt :D )

And i just saw you said not to mention bleach haha so sorry :eek:

4. I fuckin loveee bleach. It's really the only anime ive been able to get into. I hope they come out with the new american episodes soon.

5. does ANYONE like Sailor Moon? lol!:D

6. Shaman King was surprisingly good when they were showing it on Fox's Saturday morning lineup, but I haven't been awake in the morning for more than a year now. (3rd shift jobs suck) Rouroni Kenshi(sp) was pretty good as was Trigun, Big O, Full Metal Alchemist and Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. The Street Fighter II Anime was pretty good too.

7. Ghost in the Shell

Trigun

Death Note

Samurai Champloo

Cowboy Bebop

I usually watch this in my room, toking a blunt to the face :smoking:

8. yes i forgot i've been getting into death note and samurai champloo.

9. Cowboy Bebop is by far the most original and best anime out there. next to that is outlaw star but thats a little clishe.

10. yeah i like anime =/
    the black lagoon and darker than black are the ones i watch now

11. Hellsing

DBZ

Ghost in the Shell

Samurai X/Ruroni Kenshin

Samurai Champloo

Tenchi Muyo

Angel Sanctuary

12. Bleh. After watching it in Japanese subbed, I find it harder to watch it in English.

If I remember correctly, starting in march, adult swim will play one new dubbed (english) episode a week and start getting into the better part of the story with Ichigo getting bankai and everyone in general getting some sweet abilities.

If you've only seen the english, I recommend watching it online, especially in the Japanese subbed. It is up to episode 160 online right now :D :hello:

13. yeah i cant wait to see ichigo fight byakuya, and i wanna know if renji is still alive or not. im totally in suspense. but ya i havent seen the japanese ones so dont tell me lol. and also i cant wait to see ichigos new zanpaktoe once he reaches bonkai.

14. oh MAN!!!!

you have SOOO much to look forward to lol

His fight against byakuya is TIGHT :D

HOOWWW are you not wanting to watch them online? I wouldn't be able to wait if I was in your shoes man

15. Idk man i just cant cuz i started watching them in english, so its just not the same with subtitles lol. im patient tho its easily my favorite show. but yeah i wanna see how strong byakuya really is after i saw him destroy renji, thats the last episode in english. i dont even know if renji dies or not yet. and also i cant wait to see who could be stronger then byakuya that ichigo has to fight

16. *sorry for kind of hijacking this a tad*

You have NOO idea dude. It gets so intense

17. I have mixed feelings a lot of anime will make me really angry just watching it and some of it is cool. I hate Inyuysha, Naruto, Bleach, and all those other animes that everyone seems to love.

18. Original Japanese version > Dubbed English

19. I wholeheardedly agree

English cleans it up too much. Plus the voices are so much better. Everything they say sounds like it is intense whereas in english... not so much. Renji's voice in english blows IMO