ANIME

Discussion in 'Movies' started by SuperHigh, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ANIME MOVIES !! Ok I only get high every month or so due to my studies "uni dissertation" but I really enjoy watching anime movies high, I used to watch 12 episoder animes but I only get a 20bag I usually smoke it within 2 to 3 days I only smoke it of a night also. So anyway I have my popcorn my pre-made joint ready all I need is a good anime. I've seen 

Akira
    Ghost in the sell 1&2
    Grave of the fireflies <---  Maybe I shouldn't of done that.. I cried
    My neighbour totoro
    Ninja Scroll
    Princess Monoke <------ Awesome
    Perfect blue <---- I think I tripped out watching this, still not sure
    Howl's Moving Castle <----- 8/10 amazing story and I'm sure everyone else would agree
    Porco Rosso <---- I must of had good weed because I can't remember much, just planes flying mostly
    Paprika <----- OMFG 10/10 I never got most of the it obviously being high but for some reason it was simply awesome
    Castle in the sky
     Spirited away <---- 10/10
    Summer wars <--- Once again I had good weed
    Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind <---- I felt it.. 
    Ponyo <---- 8
    Arrietty <---- Anyone seen the film borrows ? OMG SO MUCH BETTER 8/10
    Final Fantasy VII: advent Children 7/10
    Kiki's delivery server<----- 9/10

With them films and the ratings I've gave them what anime movie do you think I will enjoy next ? These are my last 2J's before I stop again for a month. I also hope everyone watched some of these movies.

2. Not a movie, but Fullmetal Alchemist is a great series. Both fma and fma: brotherhood. Its funny, action filled, and gets you in the feels sometimes. Also, any naruto movie kicks ass. Idc if its a childs show, it still kicks ass

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Also, its on netflix. I would start with FMA: Brotherhood. Oh! Soul Eater is also a great show to watch high, on any drugs really.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. I've watched full metal alchemist plus brotherhood and the movie to it also loved soul eater if you liked that PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD WATCH "ANGEL BEATS" I loved it. I couldn't get into cowboy bebop :( I know I know even my friend thinks am weird for not finishing it. Also that is what I decided to watch evangelion 1.0 you are not alone. Am fine it ok so far but am hoping it will take me more about what has happened, why the earth is like that. (BLACK STAR FTW) but those where the days I could get high more.. I miss them

5. I remember the first time I ever got high, I watched Spirited Away for the first time. I remember crying because of how beautiful the preveiws were, especially for Castle in the Sky. I couldnt stop talking about Spirited Away and how trippy it was. It was an emotional roller coasterfor me that night. You should watch The Nightmare Before Christmas. It's not anime but I guarantee you'll trip in a good way.

"Trying to be happy by accumulating possesions is like trying to satisfy hunger by taping sandwiches all over your body". -Geore Carlin

6. I'm glad I wasn't the only one who felt like that watching spirited away, I'll watch "The nightmare before Christmas next"  read the description on IMDB it sounds good. 

7. Most definitely a good list. Check out The Cowboy Bebop movie, Watch Fullmetal Alchemist: brotherhood then the movies, Memories is a good anime.I'll be back with more, I've been watching a lot of anime's lately

8. Redline.  It was made for stoners.  Get super baked for this one.  It is like pod racing on acid.  Nuff said?

9. And Planetes is the best anime I have ever seen.  It takes place in space and is super realistic.  I'm not good at explaining it, but the frame rate is much higher then normal animes.  This means it is much smoother and the characters really look like they are floating in space.  I even felt like I was in space.  The plot is awesome,  I wont go into detail because there are some really good review online.

Definitely watch it.  It is a short series 

10. I liked Stranger: Mukou Hadan. Its more fighting based than anything but the story makes it so good.

11. #12 YoLets420, Dec 13, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2013
    Oh if you like studio ghilbi films similar to Princess Mononoke, howl's moving castle, Kiki's Delivery service etc..
    You should try watching Children Who Chase Lost Voices. 
    I also agree with noremac, Redline was a great movie to watch as well.
    Anime shows i like when im high, Wolf's Rain (Epic 1st ep), Zetman, Btoom, Samurai Champloo (#1 anime to watch high) and Claymore (highest recommendation)

I hope this help! Happy 420 :smoke: 

12. The Garden of Words is my favorite anime movie. Give it a watch if you haven't. Nerawareta Gakuen is decent and it has really good art. Aura is good too and my second favorite anime movie.

13. fate/stay night: unlimited blade works.

I liked fate/zero too...but yea.

14. I haven't got into too many anime movies yet but Death Note, Gantz & Full Metal Alchemist are definitely my favorites as series goes

15. wtf....no one has mentioned Neon Genesis Evangelion yet? there's a whole series, plus a few end of series movies and an entire Rebuild of movies now

and they're all total mindfucks

also, for movies that are total mindfucks, check out

Perfect Blue 
    Paprika

16. ^ Saw like 2 or 3 episodes and didn't like it. Way too overrated.

17. tbf the first few episodes hardly indicated how crazy the series will be

i think the first few episodes were basic giant robot fighting monster stuff

18. There is a steins;gate movie out

19. #20 ansoljohn, Jun 25, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2014
    Full anime movies are just like a normal movie in that they tell a story and have a main theme. But they are animated and they usually have very complex stories.

Anime shows