Animated GIF avatars.

Discussion in 'General Forum Feedback' started by Highbinder, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Would it be possible to change the forum coding slightly to allow animated gifs to be also used as avatars.

I understand that they can be quite big in size but you could still allow them to be used but only hosted by an external source (not uploaded to this website and so saving you bandwidth?)

I know its a pretty low priority concern for forum staff but it'd be really sweet if you could :D

Anyway.. :gc_rocks:

2. It would be sweet for some of the members but we aren't going to change it anytime soon. No animated avatars and no animated sigs. Sorry.

3. This means we have to eat mushrooms so that our existing avatars and sigs become animated.

4. I can live with that.. ;)

5. I find .gif avatars obnoxious. i say leave it as is.

6. i say you should allow them, but give members the option to block them

7. Thanks for the quick reply RMJL.. Damn I must of been pretty baked when I wrote this thread, I don't remember writing it :D

8. I try to respond as soon as I can. Sometimes it's hard, though. I kind of get behind with my PM's unfortunately. :(

9. #9 ZONAR, Sep 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2008

There aren't many but a privledged few do have animated avatars,are these under a 'grandfather' clause? or just a double standard that is all too familar on soooo many forums.
    Maybe it could be an added option for attaining a certain number of rep points?

[​IMG]

10. No grandfather clause or double-standard. They just haven't been noticed by any of us. If they had, they'd be gone.

It won't be an added option for rep points. Rep doesn't get you anything extra here because it's handed out so freely. Rep actually doesn't mean much unless you're in the red.