Animals that would kill you one on one.

Discussion in 'General' started by pocket biscuits, Feb 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Take your head out of your ass.

Grow up and learn to listen.

Explain to me how that is ridiculous.

2. First off, you don't have to resort to personal attacks. Until you learn NOT to resort to personal attacks, then I recommend that YOU grow up.

Second, reread my previous posts, I don't feel like repeating myself.

3. Hahahahaha good one! :laughing:

4. /thread

5. You wouldn't be repeating yourself because you never explained why 2-3 shots wouldn't drop a black bear.

I know what I am talking about, and you obviously do not. Why you keep going with this argument when you have no clue what you are talking about is beyond me.

6. lol, did you quote your own post?

7. Actually I think you and that other kid arguing = /thread.
    No offense though, Im on your side :wave:

8. I think it's obvious YOU are the one who doesn't know what he's talking about. I've tried explaining, but you will not listen. Now unless you come up with something a bit more believable, like maybe that black bear is a cub, then I just can't try and argue with you.

For God's sake I've seen humans shot 2-3 times with a .45 and NOT die.

Now please, don't bother posting unless it's something believable... because if it isn't then I'm done wasting my time.

9. Yeah dude Carlton went to Princeton I think he knows his shit.

10. Darn, another thread deteriorated to two people who don't even know each other blithering at each other like a couple of high school girls.
    Anyway, what do you guys think of a lynx?

11. I would like for anyone with a hunting background to come in here and set this man straight.

Ive seen humans shot with a .22 and die.

I am talking about a fully grown black bear, getting shot with a .45 to its vital organs.

I am going to stop arguing with you because it's going no where when you refuse to listen.

12. #72 skurfy007, Feb 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 12, 2009
    The pictures are of a man who works for the US Forest Service in Alaska and his trophy bear.
    He was out deer hunting last week when a large grizzly bear charged him from about 50 yards away. The guy emptied his 7mm Magnum semi-automatic rifle into the bear and it dropped a few feet from him. The big bear was still alive so he reloaded and shot it several times in the head.
    The bear was just over one thousand six hundred pounds It stood 12′ 6″ high at the shoulder, 14′ to the top of his head. It's the largest grizzly bear ever recorded in the world.
    Of course, the Alaska Fish and Wildlife Commission did not let him keep it as a trophy, but the bear will be stuffed and mounted, and placed on display at the Anchorage airport to remind tourists of the risks involved when in the wild.
    Based on the contents of the bears stomach, the Fish and Wildlife Commission established the bear had killed at least two humans in the past 72 hours including a missing hiker.

The US Forest Service, backtracking from where the bear had originated, found the hiker's 38-caliber pistol emptied. Not far from the pistol was the remains of the hiker. The other body has not been found.
    Although the hiker fired six shots and managed to hit the grizzly with four shots (the Service ultimately found four 38 caliber slugs along with twelve 7mm slugs inside the bear's dead body), it only wounded the bear and probably angered it immensely. The bear killed the hiker an estimated two days prior to the bear's own death by the gun of the Forest Service worker.
    Think about this:
    If you are an average size man; You would be level with the bear's navel when he stood upright. The bear would look you in the eye when it walked on all fours! To give additional perspective, consider that this particular bear, standing on its hind legs, could walk up to an average single story house and look over the roof, or walk up to a two story house and look in the bedroom windows.

imagine waking up to that at peeking in your tent

Attached Files:

13. #73 lovelypeople, Feb 12, 2009
    I've hunted all my life, including grizzly bears in Alaska and black bears in New England.

My Uncle also has a .22 bullet in his brain this very moment, and has been there for almost 6 years.

14. This doesn't disprove my point.

.22 doesn't kill humans. .45 doesn't kill humans. Apparently 9mm is the only human killing bullet huh?

I think you really underestimate the stopping power of bullets.

15. Now you're grasping at straws... :rolleyes:

16. Ok lets set one thing straight.

You based your whole argument on a story about a full grown grizzly, around a thousand pounds. Possibly weighing a lot more, ill give you the benefit of the doubt.

The argument we are having is with a black bear.

When fully grown a black bear averages to 250-300 pounds. Your argument is completely invalid.

Roll your eyes at that.

But you will because you REFUSE to listen.

17. #78 lovelypeople, Feb 12, 2009
    :rolleyes:

"Males- 250 (average) 125-600 (range) 880 (heaviest)"

Sure, like I said, MAYBE one well placed bullet will kill a bear after it bled to death. How about a 800 pound black bear? One bullet will kill it? Even less likely than one bullet killing a 300 pound male.

edit: I'm done trying to educate the uneducated... you obviously have little experience with firearms and even less experience hunting. Have fun arguing with yourself.

18. Rolling your eyes is a good way to prove your point.

Have fun arguing with myself? I stated before that I was done with this childish ass argument. Then I got a pm from you begging me to continue.

19. Ok, this is seriously my last post in this thread, but I have to respond because you just lied. For what reason? I don't know.

I sent you a PM not asking you to argue, IN FACT, I LITERALLY SAID DO NOT RESPOND TO MY POST. I asked you to respond the the guy who posted the story about a grizzly. So don't try and lie to make yourself look innocent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.