Animals > Humans because...we're smarter?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by GandalfTheToker, Jun 7, 2012.

1. Lower animals have purpose. They are thrust into a world of hunting and gathering. They have not the evolved brain to ask questions of “why”. Humans are the most highly evolved of all living animals on earth. It is our curse. Our lot. We have the ability to look out at the night sky and yearn for things that do not exist. We strive to evolve more, when our inevitable evolution will never satisfy. We will only grow more intelligent, and consequently, more lost.

It's like...we take pride in our own evolution and technological advances...but what is it all leading to?

2. Our demise.

3. Life is inherently pointless. But we will keep evolving and changing and advancing, for what purpose? who knows..

4. It sickens me that we feel we have the right to take dominion over animals because we believe we are more intelligent, we are saying the apple is greater than the orange.

We used to be in their shoes, and most people just don't understand.

More in tune with the thread, meaning is a word we made up, so how could we inject meaning into all of this anyway? The only meaning would come from a creator, we would have to inquire as to what the meaning is, but if there is one, he hasn't answered.

5. So you're sickened by nature? The heirarchy of species from dumbest to smartest....

I feel sorry for you,

6. We are animals, that is all can be said. If you think you are not an animal, its most likely for religious reasons, other than that there is no basis for seperating humans from other animals. Oh well maybe our ego.

You can't say 4 > 4, makes no sense.

7. we're going to blow ourselves up is what is going to happen

8. In some aspects, our intelligence is superior. In others, hundreds of different animals trump us.

Like the Rock-Dove's ability to single out a choice grain amongst several thousand of a similar color that arent edible.

9. Other animals > People? Does that work?

10. We're equal when you stop to realize we were just like them once, we all came from the same source, so why do we feel so superior that we can just dispose of them when we see fit.

We should be looking out for them if we are so great, y'know?

11. Oh, I feel ya. I totally agree. I'm just saying...as far as we know, we're the only animals that are capable of higher thought. Not because we are "better" per se, but because of our evolution. We can build government and technology and write out our souls in poetry and music. I'm saying...we seem to act proud of this, but in the end, it's not such a great thing. We are dooming ourselves with our "intelligence".

I agree. We should be looking out for this earth. You'll find no qualm with me, brother.

12. Hi I'll order 2 baconators, with a side of cow and pig.
    No, no that'll be all.

13. It's due to the influences we're exposed to every day by the media. But we've not completely destroyed ourselves, it's just that we've distanced ourselves from nature. We're very capable of being so much environmentaly friendly in our current state with the technologies we've built as a result of our intelligence but we fail to achieve this because of greed, rather the greed of these big companies which have a great amount of power in governments around the world.
    I see what you're saying though. Things were easier when there weren't so many people in this world. Though even then people were so easily influenced.

14. We've turned into the demons of our literature and we distanced ourselves so much we can't even see it.

I hope when someone with 1 percent more difference in their brains comes along they take pity on us, even though we do not deserve it.

15. Animals are greater than humans because......we're smarter?

Does that make sense to anybody else?

Op posts a title, then states the opposite of his title in his post....explaining why humans are superior.....wtf?

16. On a website dedicated to smoking marijuana..

How surprised are you.

17. [quote name='"pokesmot247"']Animals are greater than humans because......we're smarter?

Does that make sense to anybody else?

Op posts a title, then states the opposite of his title in his post....explaining why humans are superior.....wtf?[/quote]

It was a question and therefore open to interpretation even by the one asking the question. They were implying that intelligence, what we think makes us superior, is working against us.

18. Good point. Lmao. Im searching for logic in a brain full of cannibinoids haha

19. ignorance is bliss and, in this instance, salvation

20. Tiger got to hunt,
    Bird got to fly;
    Man got to sit and wonder, 'Why, why, why?'