Animal thread

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Tonika, Sep 24, 2016.

1. They are part of the kingdom Animalia, so yes!

2. Jaguar, amazing animal. Strongest teeth and jaw in the animal community, kills it prey by crushing the skull with its teeth. I find that aweaome.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Yes, I recall reading somewhere years ago that they are the most heavily-muscled of all the cats, unlike the sleek, fast cheetah. You can see how stout and powerful their legs are compared to a cheetah, whose legs are more suited for running:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  4. @Fizzly indeed! It is no surprise they can drag their prey up a tree.

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

I heard an owl cooing at around 3a.m. last night, it was a very relaxing and soothing sound.

• Like Like x 4
  6. upload_2016-11-3_19-21-42.jpeg

[​IMG]

has a vid that comes with it. a minute and a half long.

• Like Like x 2
  7. The modern day velociraptor

[​IMG]

Talon of doom!

[​IMG]

And their egg

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  8. Is that you?

9. No thats a short faced bear bruh!

Jokes aside, no, i swiped this from the internets. I am easier on the eyes too.

• Like Like x 1
  10. #71 Deleted member 940351, Nov 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2016
    Haha, no, nothing like that, just that if he were you I would've been surprised because your username makes me think you have a Scandinavian background.

I believe that people who are very interested in the culture of an ancient civilization usually descend from them.

11. As far as i know i am Irish, German and English, but i am blonde, ligh skinned and green/blue eyes so it wouldnt surprise me if i hail from Scandanavia somewhere in ny heritage.

I like mythology, but i actually came up with it trying and failing to make a username, NorseMythology is almost always available lol. That and it is fairly distinct.

• Like Like x 2
  12. I love birds. Maybe it's because I envy their ability to fly...they're just fascinating. Hummingbirds are always zipping about around here.
    [​IMG]

Their iridescent feathers are entrancing .
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  13. Dive bomb time for this peregrine falcon.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
  14. Nice picture. What kind of camera did you use?

I really wanted to get into falconry when I was younger until I found how much it can run you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. That pic is from Google.

Real falconry takes dedication and money. Pretty badass though.

• Like Like x 2
  16. [​IMG] anyone know what this one is?

17. I used to work with a guy that had a couple of falcons. He started at like 15 and he would tell me how much it was to raise them and for all the equipment and I was like f that so I ended up getting into and breeding reptiles till about 10 years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  18. I can't see the picture.

19. My dog food eating bear sniffing at my back door....

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4