Animal Reality

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by SWITCHdesigns, Jun 5, 2012.

1. So I know this is completely false and impossible, but what if all living creatures with some sort of brain was conscious of life. What if everything is living the same types of lives we live today.

Just a thought, talk amongst yourselves

2. Disney answered this question with a lot of movies.. A Bug's Life, The Lion King, Ants, etc. :p

3. why would that be completly impossible? animals can think. some say they cant think on the levels we do. elephants can recognize the bones of their dead and mourn. hey even have their own graveyards. so they have a concept of death and know they will die. animals are smarter than people give them credit for.

4. Dope pictur indeed.

5. How is it impossible ? Any proof ? Im just wondering.

- ssod

6. #6 CaliBudE, Jun 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
    Even if they couldn't communicate with us ..and they wouldn't try cause we would just think they were getting crazy and we would put it down

They would talk amongst themselves and be like let's just tell the humans we use to people before we died and then one of them would be like no everyone that tries just sounds like a crazy animal making animal noises but the humans take it as hostility so they don't try and just live away from us .... Or with us ..

7. Yo, Imma let you finish, but Lion King was one of the realest movies of all time.

8. [quote name='"thesavagepony"']

Yo, Imma let you finish, but Lion King was one of the realest movies of all time.[/quote]

Toy story

9. [quote name='"GanjaGuru92"']why would that be completly impossible? animals can think. some say they cant think on the levels we do. elephants can recognize the bones of their dead and mourn. hey even have their own graveyards. so they have a concept of death and know they will die. animals are smarter than people give them credit for.[/quote]

I agree with you on that, but I feel like we as humans would know by now how advanced their minds are. We have the technology to do so

10. [quote name='"GanjaGuru92"']why would that be completly impossible? animals can think. some say they cant think on the levels we do. elephants can recognize the bones of their dead and mourn. hey even have their own graveyards. so they have a concept of death and know they will die. animals are smarter than people give them credit for.[/quote]

They think but they think instinctively. For example a dog wouldnt plan out its day, it does things randomly, eats when its hungry, poops when it needs to, and just lays around

11. Everything in life is impossible until proven possible.

Maybe years from now we will understand them, translate their language, maybe learn more about their emotions, conscious and such. You never know.

12. Nothing is impossible.

Get the paradox?

13. I think about animal consciousness, like I always just wanted to have the brain of like a cat or something for a day and see how limited there mid is like how much they can think about things and to see how there limited in thought

14. I used to wonder if animals live through all this around us, in a humanoid form, and we only perceive them as what we see. buttt..

Umwelt - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now I know that everything lives in an umwelt even us, our reality is shaped by what we believe we can or can't do.

Nothing.

is impossible. The ability for 'nothing' to exist is completely impossible.

15. If thats the case, then is possible proven possible ? Or is possible impossible?

lmao, dont mind me , :bakedlikenoother::smoke:

16. I spend a lot of time trying to figure out what's goin on in my beloved dog's head.

I think she has a very human experience. More like a child, accepting of what goes on around it but also with some good thinking skills.
    And much more zen than I.

17. I think animals have simple emotions and even thoughts, but I think humans have forethought and self-awareness on them. Elephants, dolphins, and half-men...as I believe, none of them come close in intellectual capacity to man.

18. Dolphins actually do, second smartest in the world.

19. [quote name='"Ninja20p"']Dolphins actually do, second smartest in the world.[/quote]

Wouldn't the be third smartest? Us, chimpanzees, then dolphins?

20. I think it might be Dolphins - Chimps, could be wrong but I heard that dolphins are almost the exact same as us.

*Don't get me wrong I would love to have a chimp best friend, would be boss