Animal or not?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by toasterica, Mar 9, 2012.

1. OK sure- big bang, infinite energy expanding outward and collapsing in on itself in simultaneous cycles. We are elements spewed from the initial order established into order into simpler ways of doing things but with a more outward emotional response?

We thrive on progress but at the same time we care very little for the equilibrium of the environment. These natural resources are being sucked up for the short term payoff. Won't they be gone by the time the people in power die off? By then we either need the technology to get off this planet or level off the living conditions?

Either way, something changed us from being "animals" thousands of years ago.
    We are no longer living with nature, did we lose our way, no, we've learned so much and this progress is natural isn't it? Of course some intelligent species could have come down and directed us,

Mankind has seen amazing progress, longer lifespans but not necessarily more fulfilling. I guess there is less disease but then again you have millions of people thinking they need medication. Happiness is relative. Do we really need all this crazy materialistic/superficial bullshit? Progress should be about people everywhere on earth being supplied with the basic human living and loving standards. Sure, we are so lucky to be here with all human knowledge at our fingertips, so lucky to be part of this grand system where we can experience and learn so much but what if everyone could do that?

Nope, I guess it makes sense for those in power to continue on this path which keeps the rest of the world in the dark. People wouldn't be able to handle the truth. I don't know.

2. thats a very good read liked it a lot a i highly doubt that they will be able to make an artifical land on uninhabited planets in our solar system i think it will have to be whatever made the earth is the only way but as we get smarter or the things we build and keep reproducing we will die off from over population i know i might be f'ed in the head but we need to figure out a way to lower population but that will be impossible i am not condone people killing people but we have seen what happens to animal species when they become over populated they die off

i think we are way over populated as of now not sure what an ideal number for things to go smoothly but we are headed for a real bad event problems that will associated with over population like an example here less jobs means because they will make artifical robotic things to do a lot of jobs so big corps can make more dough for themselves that means loss of property by inflation prices going up people will lose there jobs that will make 2 things drastically worse one people lossing there jobs will become unable to pay bills and that means thousands or should i say hundered of thousands of people will be homeless we have tons of homeless people all ready some because thats the only choice something uncontrollable that will be super huge disaster another thing with over pop is and less jobs will create a lot more crime and not just petty crime either

so to some things up we are headed to some huge compications in the future