android vs apple

Discussion in 'General' started by Haruto, Sep 26, 2014.

1. apple comes out with essentially the same phone every year, finally making some physical changes this year with the 6 and 6+. even though apple fans have nothing but complaints about how it bends and other problems, they never cease in talking about how shitty android is. anyone who knows about phones and cares beyond the basic function will tell you android is superior.
    my questions are why are apple fans unrelenting in their hate for android (when most have never owned one), and what advantages do each OS have over each other?

2. Apple is simple for daily convenience and good for those who can't be bothered with learning any technical know-how.

They like the image, and hate on Android because they're typically misinformed. Even the Apple user with any basic knowledge of phones will admit that their phone is nothing special. They still like it though. Some of them are simply brand ambassadors.

3. Android, it is a much less restricted platform

...sent from my Iphone 5s 

4. especially if you get a phone like the nexus 5 or of course root any phone
    exactly, people who don't want to deal with a learning curve. other people are just bandwagoners

5. Who cares? It's just a phone...although I'm not one of those folks that stare at my phone constantly, I have this other thing that provides me with more interest.................... 

a life...... :laughing:

6. i'd say they both have their pros/cons. but i'd prefer android over iphone because you can make the interface a little different. when you open up someones android it can have a few different password types, and a different interface. apple is freat and all, but its the same damn phone every year. 

the android galaxy s3 is my preferred phone, but those data rates on android... sheesh. at least with iphone you can turn roaming, location, and all that off. with the galaxy its a bitch to learn how to turn data off and manage it, 

7. You can go into wireless network settings and turn off data :laughing:

Also you can set which apps sync data and how often. My work email syncs every 30mins while my personal one syncs every 3 hours

8. i only had my android for a few months before i sold it xD 

but now that i know that when i get my new galaxy in the next month or two i'll make sure to do that.i have up to 4 gigs a month once, would still go over without meaning to. damn android phones turning my wallet inside out, well no more! i wont let androids take advantage of my poor innocent wallet ever again!

9. I never hear Iphone people talk down android. Maybe.. Like 4yrs ago. Lol

But these day the only people bad mouthing an OS is Android people.

Simple decision of efficiency and Convience for Iphone users.

10. apple for your first smartphone, then androids after. do it that way, so you'll learn that android is just a better phone.

I have an HTC ONE, best phone on the market

11. Yeah I think most people use apple because It is more interface friendly and easier to navigate (Small children can operate ipads now days). I used to have an iphone but once it was time for an upgrade I tried a galaxy.

Although it took a little longer to figure out, the phone has been incredible. The speed, memory, battery life, big HD screen, and customization is night and day compared to my old iphone. I still love apple and respect their work and products, but overall I think other companies are finally giving them a run for their money. Stay faded :smoking:

Its funny you say that because I never see apple users saying anything about android at all. To be honest it is almost always a non-iphone user who starts these retarded threads and starts whining about how much they dont like apple.

lel

13. i only get 2gigs/month and i've never come close to going over...but i am around wifi a lot soooo that may have something to do with it

14. It's just up to personal taste. 

Some people like Android for being open source and high customization, some people like Apple for brand recognition and primitive UI

oh god i can't even help myself. sorry

15. yeah my comcast sucks, its down for about 2-3 hours a day like 3-4 days a week, and other times in not at home and on 4g. 

16. well i hear it all the time so maybe i just pay more attention to phones or something. and i've had 2 iphones so it's not an ignorant opinion

17. #17 AMX-002, Sep 27, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2014
    I got the iPhone 5 wasn't impressed. I heard about the note 2 and multi window, completely blew my mind. So I traded the 5 for the note over craigslist and never looked back. IOS 8 just got custom keyboards? Yawn

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. Let's see it bro, and custom keyboards are gay when you're constantly texting

19. android sucks lol, but i am tempted by the s5. prob gonna get the plus tho 

20. I've had both, at the same time.

I like apple because it runs smoother with less software issue, but android has much more stuff and the software has bugs but seems more customizable (spelling).

In the end I favor Samsung galaxy over iPhone. They're both nice phones, but android wins by a small margin for me.