Android roms

Discussion in 'Silicon (v)Alley' started by flapjack1439, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Well I just put eclipse on my DROID x2. I like it but its the 1st rom I've put in my phone. Can anyone suggest some other good ones to try out?

2. Can't go wrong with CM7. It's very stable (on my phone atleast) and pretty fast. Plus it supports everything you'd want it to like GPS, Wifi, Bluetooth, flash, and what have you. Basic shit, but some ROMs don't have some of those.

I haven't tried newer CM versions but I hear they're still a bit buggy. I'm personally going to just stick with 7

3. Yea man CM7 > CM9

Can't wait for Jellybean though ;)

4. Outside of Cyanogenmod and MIUI, each different phone is going to have a different developer base, and thus different ROMs.

Just do a nandroid backup, backup your apps and data through something like Rerware's MyBackup Pro or Titanium Backup and flash several different ROMs until you find one you like.

Personally, I greatly preferred MIUI to CM7. I prefer CM9 to MIUI, though.

5. miui is my favorite in regards to customization but if you're looking for stability then depending on, like cookiecrisp said, the developer base then you can't go wrong with cm7 or cm9.