Android/pixel issues

Discussion in 'New Forum Upgrade Bug Tracker' started by Horseman1978, Nov 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I just downloaded the app and attempted to upload a picture in the indoor growing page and I have gotten an error repeatedly saying "Grasscity has stopped". I'm using a relatively new Google pixel.

It's been an issue for several hours.

Any ideas?

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Try on Computer. :)
    Even reading on the app / phone I find frustrating let alone posting on it. LOL.

BNW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sadly, all my pictures are on the phone and I'm too much of a country boy to figure out how to make that transition easily...

4. I don't use the app but instead use a mobile browser. I, and some others, have had an issue recently with uploading pics. I've alerted Lizard King to the issue but have no idea when it will be resolved. Sorry for any inconvenience.

5. Thanks; I was originally using browsers myself and after attempting to upload pictures from 4 different browsers I thought the app might improve things...

The app is just as useless.

This is a great community, but if users cannot upload pictures, it's utility is greatly diminished.

FWIW, when I try to upload pictures, I'm successful about 1 out of 10 tries, and during the 9 failures, I get an error that flashes up for roughly 1.0 seconds saying something about an "Attempt to invoke virtual boolean".

I may have gotten that wrong, but it disappears before I can even grab a screenshot.

Horseman1978

6. Update....

So, I went thru the hassle of uploading the pictures to my desktop, which I dislike doing, as I have kids that I do not want seeing my "hobby", but I digress.

After saving them to my PC desktop, I started a new thread to showcase my current DIY indoor system and would you believe it, but "an error ocurred" lol

So, I cannot upload pictures from the desktop and I am fortunate if 1 in 10 attempts to attach pictures function via mobile.

Before I sound like an angry and ungrateful human, I want to amit that I am not especially "tech savvy" with issues like this.

In my day job, I handle intricate CAD drawings and files, along with the programming of half million dollar production robots. I am not the guy you call when your wireless router takes a dump, but I may be able to reprogram your packaging robots or tune the fuel injection ECU on you LS swapped hot rod lol.

Can any of the admin offer insight here?

If we cannot upload pictures without a circus act, this page loses so much of its value.

Cheers,

-Horseman1978-

7. #7 RMJL, Nov 13, 2022
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2022

Again, we're aware that there's an issue and I've alerted the person that deals with this. Grasscity has been around for over 22 years and rarely is there an in issue like this one. The Grasscity Shop comes before the forums as the forums generate no money so LK will get to it as soon as he can.

*Edit: A lot of people are still posting pics with no issues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.