Android App Login Issues

Discussion in 'Forum Tech Questions, Problems and Troubleshooting' started by cdphalanx, May 30, 2013.

1. #1 cdphalanx, May 30, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2013
    Hi Team,

I did a quick scan through the 'new app' threads and didnt see anyone commenting about this issue, so decided to bring it up as a separately.

I have downloaded the new app for Android (Droid Razr - original model on 4.1.2), but when I use my login credentials, Im just showed the splash screen and it loads the default page again without signing me in.

I know my password is correct, because I logged out then back in via browser to confirm.

Additionally, when I attempt to log in via the mobile app, I am simultaneously logged out from my browser. This seems strange to me as Ive done the browser/mobile app thing many many times before (and places other than GC) without issue.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

2. On 4.2.2 both login's are working without an issue for me.

Yea tha same thing is happenin' to me also and tha actual website keeps signin' me out

4. #4 cdphalanx, May 30, 2013

Right, but Im on 4.1.2 which is the latest thats been pushed by verizon to our phones. I know 4.2.2 is out in dev land (and supports group messaging much better than the older versions, yay!) but I cant root or otherwise fuck with my phone much due to it not being my property.

Ive removed and re-installed the app a few times.

If its just some stupid bug that wont get fixed, I can live with that. I dont use the mobile app much and I can still check my notifications etc by just going to the remote site on my phone.

... but it would be nice if it worked.

5. #5 tnh, May 30, 2013
    I'm on 4.1.2 with a galaxy note 2 not having any issues. Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app? Is the app on phone memory or sd card?

6. #6 cdphalanx, May 30, 2013

Yeah, Ive uninstalled/reinstalled a couple times. App is on internal memory.

It is likely just a stupid issue with my phone... wouldnt be the first time.

Correction... seems as if it was stored externally. Not sure why I thought it was internal.

Going to give a few options a try again (after moving it to the phone form external) and see if that helps.

7. Yeah, Ive uninstalled/reinstalled a couple times. App is on internal memory.

It is likely just a stupid issue with my phone... wouldnt be the first time.

</blockquote>
    I would clear data and clear cache for your mobile browser and gc app. Power cycle with battery pull, if that doesn't fix it, then it's probable a compatibility issue with your phone. :/

8. I'm using version 2.4.7.2

What is stopping you downloading this version?

Im talking Android OS v4.2... not the app version. App version is 2.4.7.2

This didnt work either. Doing the power cycle by holding power button and "up" side-key since the Razr has no removable battery.

The most obnoxious part about it is that it keeps signing me out on my laptop browser when I try and sign into the app. The app itself not working I can live with.

11. This didnt work either. Doing the power cycle by holding power button and "up" side-key since the Razr has no removable battery.

The most obnoxious part about it is that it keeps signing me out on my laptop browser when I try and sign into the app. The app itself not working I can live with.
    </blockquote>
    Very weird, send the developer a email through the play store. Motorola phones can be a pain in the ass for developers, they are android but some things on a binary level are COMPLETELY different.

Yeah, Im not terribly worried about it. Ive always had motorolas and theres always something quirky about them... just comes with the territory, haha.

13. Im on the Samsung Galaxy S3 and also have this issue.

It just wont allow me to login. Whether the password is correct or not it wont do anything.

14. I have a galaxy note 2 and mine is working.  I logged out and logged back in to make sure.