And they said it would never happen ....

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Sgtstadanko707, Apr 16, 2015.

Right next to the smug, unhelpful shit emoji.

2. Interesting read, good thing this doesn't take effect for over a year.  There is lots of time to change this.  In Canada last year they changed the medical laws in a similar way, 9 days before they went into effect, they got the old laws extended until the system was further refined.

None the less I don't feel there is anything to worry about.  I have never been a card holder and have always had an adequate supply of medicine for 6+ years.

3. The liquore control broad has it deep rich fingers in it now. You really think they are going to let that go.
    3 tier tax system that everyone has to buy from
    Now or you are still a criminal.
    Org is following suit and trying to cut their mmj system in half.
    Medical will be a thing of the past in 3-5 years. Just go to local rec shop they say.

But it's legal. Who cares right?

4. Looks like everything is happening as expected...

5. What's the plant count you can grow?

6. 0. But hey. It's legal right.

7. I remeber being in WA and hearing people talk about this back when I502 was passed. This is sad. I hope people will protest against this.

8. Wonder what CA stance is?

9. #11 dabs710, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2015

Those people should've been taken more seriously. Instead, they were insulted and called names like "conspiracy theorists", "prohibitionists", "morons", "MMJ hippies", and so on by the community at large just because they decided they wanted to bother to read the bill itself and thought about the reprecussions. Now the truth it coming out. You reap what you sow.

My personal stance is to be extremely skeptical towards these proposals and stand against them if they take my Prop 215 right away. Plain and simple. I absolutely refuse to be paying hundreds of bucks a week for my medicine, and that is what they're trying to force patients to do and expose them into a registry. I-502 is a joke! I feel really bad for the needy patients in the state and would be really nervous if I were them.

10. I am afraid it will end up like Wa.
    We have a lot of dumb eager beavers that will take any form of legalization as long as it's legal right.

We had a lot of skeptics in 2010. And now we have an example to stand behind. I hope there is at least some compromise and California doesn't ruin its weed scene because of hype and greed. A ballot with restrictive, harsh language and that limits Prop 215 will do just that.

It's funny that when they voted for Measure 91 in Oregon, the law explicitly stated that it would not alter the OMMP. I hope people sue if they try to cut down their plant counts, as proposed.

12. Plant counts and dry flower amounts.
    But hey it can't happen right.

alright, I clicked the link and read the thang.

Unlike Rivers' original bill, the current version, which Inslee is expected to sign, does not require patients to register with the state. But those who do will receive "recognition cards" that confer several important advantages. Card holders will be allowed to buy marijuana even if they are younger than 21 (the minimum age for recreational consumers), as long as they are at least 18. They will escape some of the taxes that the state imposes on marijuana, and they will be allowed to possess more marijuana in public: up to three ounces, three times the limit for recreational users. They also will be allowed to grow more plants: up to six rather than the four allotted to unregistered patients, down from the current presumptive limit of 15. Up to four registered patients can form a "cooperative," growing up to 60 plants for their own use.