Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

And then there was a time (to all Grasscity members from the 2002 era)

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by xplicitcontent, Nov 3, 2004.

1. I remember when I first came here, there was a lot going on. There were many familars and it was like a tight nit internet community. Anyways, I was just wondering who here remember those times during the summer of 2002 and such. I'm just wondering because it's been a while since I've started to post, don't have as much freetime as before. It's also great to have been here since I was underaged, but when full enforment for that rule went into effect, I was already 18, gravy.

2. and you were once known as.... ??

i obviously can't remember the city back then, but the summer of 2003 had more or less the same feel of what you're talking about.. i leave for even 4 days and i see so many new people here.. like wtf..
    whatever happened to obliviot and his buddy kindofbongish.. they were so funny..... the city's lost its charm

3. i just discovered the city not too long ago and i keep reading posts where people talk about "old school" members and "the times when..."
    i totally respect and understand all that, but it's a little discouraging too. i like it here because everyone seems to be so cool and accepting. it seems like the kind of place to hang out where people are genuine. on the other hand, when i hear stuff like that it makes me think that new members like myself are seen as annoying or something...i feel like a total outsider. like there's some kind of inner clique. i don't know, maybe it's just me.

by the way, don't get me wrong...i really do love it here, i'm just confused by the attitude.

4. Fall of 2003...I guess I'm middle-aged school :D . Seems like anyone can say that about when they joined, because no matter when you joined (so long as it wasn't today), the cities growing at such a rate that that feeling is always evident. I think it's kind of fun to see all the new members, and to see the regulars interspersed amongst them. It still feels pretty communal. One of the things I love about the city is that on topics like politics it can get so intense and the viewpoints are so different, but there's still a feeling of community amongst the differing opinions.

5. Yes, I do remember it!
    By the way, I'm glad I'm not the only one who has been here a while and not made a thousand posts yet!!! ;)
    It's still my home away from home, here. I'm still mostly just an observer

6. change, the one constant in the universe. apparantly. according to fokelore. ;) and its good, though sometimes it can be painful to leave the past behind, but its not like we have a choice. we can just try to bring the stuff we liked with us on our never ending journy into the future.

its all fun.

7. Yea man those were the dayz but a lot of shit has happened since then to all of us, good and bad. God If I could see the amount of bud ive smoked while signed on to the city, haha. A lot of people came and went, ive been locked up, moved to a new country, been attacked by three men with a samurai sword in a drunken brawl, and have a 8 month pregnant girlfriend since i've been a member of the City. And the funny thing is, im doin the exact same shit I was doing in the year of 2002 when I joined this place, im sittin on my ass smokin bowls and surfin the city. Haha

8. Hmmm...maybe it wouldn't be.

As far as the City...the City fuckin' ROCKS!

People are going to come and go and some will stay forever...that's just life. We can only move in the direction of the future. You can kick back and think about the past but it does nothing to change it so moving forward is the best thing. Digit kind of summed it all up.

Katybyrd...I normally don't single people out in my posts but I wanted you to know that we love it when new people join and I don't want any of our new or newer members to ever feel any uncomfyness here. As far as I'm concerned, if you're a member of the City, then you're a Blade and part of our huge stoner family. :)

9. Hey oldskoolers, whatup? Yah I was here back in the day, and before that at Yahooka, but i haven't been on much lately, been busy livin' life.

Tha 'city kicks ass. Where's Digit?

10. "Where's Digit?"

Check about 4 posts up :eek:

Still a relative newcomer here, but have been around a decent time, seems the city is constantly changing, not neccesarily for the better or the worse.. but its dynamic and I must like it, or I wouldn't keep coming back through :D gotta love it.

11. Hey all you blades :smoke: I watched this site, then joined in July'02, and don't plan on ever leaving :smoking: It's just way too cool of a forum. We may ge busy from time to time, but when it gets down to it, we can't stay away :D :smoke:

12. I wasn't posting that summer, but I was here. I didn't actually register for about 2 years after I first started coming here, mainly because in 2001 I was a noob and didn't feel comfortable trying to talk about weed like I knew anything. It's been really cool to watch the changes a lot of you have been through though, and I'm really glad I have a place like the city to go to, not just for pot talk, but for talk in general. When I'm in the city, I feel the same way I feel when my friends and I have a good conversation <~~~ I'm a dork.

13. hmmm... not sure if i was here that summer or the next? either way ive spent many a stoned night here with my budds ;)

newcomers are great, long as they dont bring no trouble round here :D haha.

i miss some of the old faces, but we do have a fresh input of new folks weekly, i think it keeps the place fresh.

i just hate seeing the same 6 posts over and over!! :D :D

14. I cant remember when I registered buts its been a while (ill check once this post clears :)) I havnt been around to much lately but this is the site that inspired me to grow. It has changed a lot mostly from new posters replacing old ones that dont show anymore but I think Ill always lurk Grasscity even if I dont post anymore.

This plant is for Grasscity \m/

EDIT: Hmm wtf it says 2003 but I registered in like 2002. Whatever I know when I was here :smoke:

Attached Files:

15. although i havn't been here that long i think i have found the right place :D i wish i could see this place back in the day that'd be cool

16. Still looks like good ol' grasscity to me... :wave:

Nostalgia are only for those that do not believe that the best things are yet to come :smoke:

17. You were here 2002. It says underneath your A/V, below your personal quote. I remember! :)

18. It isn't supposed to come off as discouraging at all. I know it was already said that it isn't meant to detract from the comfyness here, but it's like looking back with friends on a time that was special or significant to you. It will always stay in our minds as a good time. It was the summer when I first discovered the city, and will stick out as special to me.

New members aren't necesarily annoying, everyone has the potential to be annoying, so don't worry. It just seems sometimes like people back then had more varied topics, and interesting conversations more frequently than now. Or maybe it just sticks out then because it was all fresh and new to me then, and others thought that it just became a little tired and repetitive, who knows.

I've been around since then, and i'm not part of some inner clique, so don't feel bad. Being able to come together and talk to like minded people is going to open new friendships, and some people just did that more readily than others.

In anycase, please don't feel like an outsider anymore, we hope that [apparently] negative atmosphere changes.

- Mike :wave: