And the nonsense continues

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by kush70, Apr 28, 2021.

Tags:
  1. #1 kush70, Apr 28, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Even when I was a kid I thought people who did the whole "think of the kids" argument were retards

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Poor parenting practices are the problem, not cannabis. You simply can't leave your stash on the coffee table if you have little kids (or some teens). Edibles need to be locked away because a 10 mg gummy in a full-grown adult is nice little dose, but for a 25 pound toddler that gummy is a large dose! And what kid stops at one piece of candy?

And it is noteworthy that every single one of the kids who got into their parents' stash, went home again, alive and well. It is a shame that the same can't be said about kids who got into grandma's pills, vitamins, detergent pods, cleaning products, booze, aspirin, certain house plants, and any number of common household items!

And yes! Let's think of the children!

In California, you can't even enter a legal dispensary unless you are 21 with valid ID, or 18 with a valid medical card and valid ID. The only thing available is cannabis and cannabis-related items.

Meanwhile, street dealers will happily sell weed (and other more dangerous substances) to a 10 year old with the cash!

Which situation does a better job of protecting the children?

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. When I was a teen, my poor moms stash or her spare change jar wasnt safe, even locked away.

I think the industry needs to step up too and ditch all these bullshit candy names and cartoonish imaging. This is an adult product. (Regardless of what I did in my youth):GettingStoned:

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. I agree. Dispensaries are doing their part.
    Better Parental guidance is needed

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Should we ban all flavored alcohol as well? Hard lemonade sure seems like more of a gateway to me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I wouldn’t say ban it, they just shouldn’t make a childish cartoon of marketing it. Just like with weed edibles, we are already calling it a “gummy”, so when we put smiling teddy bear images and give it a candy like tag, what is a 5 year old suppose to think when they see it on a table?

And as @kush70 mentions above, parents have a role. Just like with weapons, dangerous tools, or medications, keep it out of children’s hands.

8. Thats where its the adults responsibility to keep it away from kids. No different than brownies or cookies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1