Ancient Knowledge

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by Solar Being, Jun 21, 2012.

1. I am fully aware that some of these videos are speculation by scientific standards.

But I would like someone to debunk the third video (Ancient Knowledge #3)

2. #22 Thunderstruck, Jun 22, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2012
    any particular part? it's 8 mins shy of an hour long and I'm already listening to an interview with James Gates that's just as long.

edit: nevermind, it's covered in other threads here. I got 10 mins in and had enough. I got to the point where they talk about how one of the monuments was moved and it took 5 years to do it while they did the pyramid in 20 years. You know why it took us longer? It's called safety standards, we actually care if more than 10 people die on a project, they didn't.

Don't be fooled into thinking they did any extra research because they have celebrities doing the voice overs. It's clear from the information they are presenting they cherry picked information just like the show Ancient Aliens does so that they can present it as if their idea has some merit when, in fact, it's based on either old information or they use half truths to make it sound as if the current theory is shakier than it really is.

3. ..."If you have a golf ball sized consciousness and you read a book, then you're going to have a golf ball sized understanding of it". Wow, so many problems with what this guy says. I would suggest reading about consciousness from someone who is qualified to speak on it, because this man is certainly not. As it turns out, David Lynch is a film maker and artist, known for his surreal film style... You should try Susan Blackmore or Daniel Dennett.

Amazon.com: Consciousness: An Introduction (9780195153439): Susan Blackmore: Books

http://www.amazon.com/Consciousness-Explained-Daniel-C-Dennett/dp/0316180661

This is why people aren't interested in watching these films. We just wouldn't expect to find the most reasonable information here. It would be far better to read the leading research on consciousness, or the engineering process of ancient Egypt, or Metaphysics, rather than watching youtube amalgamations of random lay people sharing their thoughts. Sure, they might be interesting for some people to watch, and that's fine, but you should be aware that you're far more likely to encounter misinformation in a youtube documentary than you are in an academic publication.

David Lynch says some interesting things that sound nice on the surface, but they don't make a great deal of sense. The idea of expanding your consciousness is very woo woo. Sure, you can learn more, and the new concepts you engage with will allow you to perceive the world in different ways. Why come up with woo terms and weird ideas to explain something that we have research on. He says that bliss is an entity that exists inside the unified field of consciousness, which you can become a part of if you meditate, and you can vibrate with bliss... C'mon

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2UHLMVr4vg]David Lynch on Consciousness, Creativity and the Brain (Transcendental Meditation) - YouTube[/ame]

4. Of course there is mainstream archaeology..governments block access of information to people in their country for example in school text book every country teaches things that are inaccurate and manipulated to seem in a certain way to attribute to their culture. Since you think they've debunked all these things and saying it couldn't even be a possibility and it is all based on amateur bullshit done by random ass people maybe you can link me to your eveidence?

5. Sounds like conspiracy style thinking to me. What makes you think that all countries "block" information, and even if t were true, perhaps they block said information for valid and rational reasons?

6. [quote name='"NoFlame"']

watched 10 seconds...and then said it was all bunk...lol

have a nice day[/quote]

Didn't read my entire post LOL. Have a nice day

7. #27 Solar Being, Jun 22, 2012
    maybe you should start meditating and find out

the rest of the post was irrelevant. People need to stop saying "i've seen tons of videos like it." That doesn't matter, until you've seen this set of videos you can't pass judgement.

8. #28 MelT, Jun 22, 2012
    Mmmm. I can tell by your response that you don't have a clue. It's a shame that you should actually choose to base your world-view on some YT movies rather than science. Your need for there to be an oppressive 'man' holding you and your ideas back is a fantasy.

It's a ridiculous idea that anyone should change science for the sake of their culture. You don't think that they might get caught out by other scientists at some point down the line?:) It's a paranoid idea that I bet you don't even believe yourself. You're looking for ways to bump the thread.

Not one word in your movies is true, few are even accurate within the remarkable world of woo. The makers are transparently cynical, using the hopes and fears of people like you to breed contempt and mistrust.

Woo, nothing more. Still no facts you think have not been debunked yet? Have YOU watched the movies? You must have at least one fact you think is worth repeating, otherwise what did you post them for?

MelT

9. #29 Solar Being, Jun 22, 2012
    You sir, are very condescending. Is that on purpose?

The Science we currently know is fine and good, but doesn't even begin to explain the phenomena we see. That is because it is built on faulty laws that for the most part only apply in this reality, and don't apply throughout the universe.

It's hilarious that you would say not even one word in any of the videos was true. It just shows how arrogant yet ignorant you are.

If you want to have a real discussion watch the videos and come back here with everything you found wrong with them. If your just going to continue to post with your overly biased opinion without watching the videos than you might as well leave the thread.

Have a nice day. :smoke:

edit: Lol. There's always that arrogant guy who's "seen it all."

10. [quote name='NoFlame']You sir, are very condescending. Is that on purpose?

It's called 'not suffering fools gladly.:)

The Science we currently know is fine and good, but doesn't even begin to explain the phenomena we see.

In your opinion.

That is because it is built on faulty laws that for the most part only apply in this reality, and don't apply throughout the universe.

If they do or don't wont make your movies true.

It's hilarious that you would say not even one word in any of the videos was true. It just shows how arrogant yet ignorant you are.

:) And how lacking in knowledge you are that you're unable to debate any single point from them? In those cases where they go beyond accepted archaeology and science not one word in them is true. Not a sentence. You can't even come up with a point from them yourself, why on earth are you asking me to believe them if you can't even talk about them?

If you want to have a real discussion watch the videos and come back here with everything you found wrong with them.

I'd much rather begin with what you found right with them? So far you seem unable to say? If it was so fantastic and turned you around, then what's so hard about you just making a point from them and we debate it? Well, duuuu-uhhh, that would be because if we did that you would get ripped apart here and then nobody would watch them. I hope they didn't cost too much to make.

If your just going to continue to post with your overly biased opinion without watching the videos than you might as well leave the thread.

You didn't catch the part where I said I'd watched them?

Leave the thread?:) Ohhhhhh he don't know me so well......:D

MelT

11. Haha my friend you assume to much.

Somehow I still doubt that you actually watched the videos, but I'll throw you a bone. In the 4th episode when he goes through the mathematics necessary for an anti-gravity device (supposedly used to build the pyramids, move megaliths, and Coral castle). Where exactly was he incorrect in his mathematics?

12. Can you tell me what countries government writes it's schools text books? For the US it's not governments but school boards that decide what to put in and what to remove. Well more specifically it depends on which state your in, in some it's the school boards and in others they choose which school book to use where the books themselves are made by private companies.

Of course the more authoritarian governments will write their own books but let's be honest, they also don't have scientists that are producing anything worthwhile.

If there is a mainstream archaeology then please show me where the mainstream has decided on a timeline of the world. I've always wanted to see the history of all the different places/countries all compiled into one big timeline so that you can see that a war in country x and what's going on in country y, 300 miles away at the same time. Maybe you can point me to the place that they all wrote that down at.....

13. #33 Thunderstruck, Jun 22, 2012
    edit nevermind, it said it was gonna talk about it but it didn't. gd why can't these people make a video that gets to the point. I'm debating on just writing out the entire math "process" they go through so you don't have to suffer through the gd ridiculous music and slow process. Some of us enjoy math and have gone into higher level mathematics, where's the version of this for us?! (it doesn't exist because then it would be easy to see their 2=1 proof)

14. Just because you think those numbers mean nothing, doesn't mean that they do.

Those numbers just go to show that this whole thing isn't just random

15. Ahhh, there we are. You see? That wasn't too hard now, was it? :)

So let's get this in perspective before we begin, the coral castle is a myth. Although the site claims to have been 'researched by baffled scientists, 'in fact no scientists have ever researched it, For someone who had anti-gravity, the builder made good use of pulleys, tripods and at least one petrol engine that was on the site., There movies elsewhere on GC showing people moving massive blocks using simple dynamics and balance. The CC is a feat of engineering and tenacity, not anti-gravity.

There is no evidence at all that anti-gravity was used in the creation of the pyramids, or with ancient knowledge. You have no evidence either that the megaliths were moved with such a power, They have been erected in tests by people with very primitive A-frames. Here's one, a single man moving an 11 ton slab< Pyramids, Stonehenge, Easter Island and the Great Pyramid explained by Wallace Wallington!.

So, what you are asking me to do is debate whether an anti-gravity design would work, even though there is no evidence of their ever having been one? Do you not think that's a little weak? You seriously want me to think that the builder of the CC had anti-gravity and that he 'knew' the pyramids where built with this power, just because he said so? Do you see a hole in your argument? I have land in Arizona, it's nice, would you like to buy some?

The movie claims aren't based on anything but retelling of other conspiracies and myths, each using the other to try and give it validity. It's a pretty sad concoction. I am intrigued though - are you connected to the movie's maker in any way? What are the reasons you think this information is being concealed from the public, to what ends? You must at some time have gone from being a normal person into someone who is bitter and thinks the world is against them? And, if you are connected, please, ask them to get rid of the godawful music...

You do know that you're in a science forum and not S+P? I'm not sure why you think we're going to lap this up when it is just the same old and we're not really known for being into woo? And when it all has been done to death after all.

I implore everyone here of sane mind and body to watch episode 4, beginning at about 4.30. The sequence on how these figures and 'clues' are arrived at is one of the funniest thng I've watched in a long time. I suggest you blaze a big one and watch (after turning down the music). This beats the talking dog.

Show me that the pyramids were built using anti-gravity, or that any monolith was. Please, it would be great and I for one would love it. But all you have is this movie saying this movie is right. That's not evidence that we can debate. What you're using is a ploy, "I have a dragon here, prove that I'm wrong." Silllllly. Okay I'll post up some math and you tell me why it doesn't make a Stargate? Are you new at this?

MelT

PS, I just watched again. It's really some of the best woo moments I've ever watched. I cried. "...And we get 144!!!!....."

16. In your opinion. Just because you think that they mean something doesn't mean that they do.

Melt

17. #37 Solar Being, Jun 22, 2012
    You know you could really get to the point a lot quicker in posts. You type so much, but say so little.

This isn't Egyptian, but very compelling none the less.

The Tablet of Shamash:
    [​IMG]

apparently the measurements of the "flywheel" depicted on this tablet correspond with Leedskalnin's measurements. They also seem to have a common copper pipe as well.

You should do some more research on Coral Castle, or even read Leedskalnin's book on magnetism.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. #38 Thunderstruck, Jun 22, 2012

I've decided to work my way through this whole video because I've become annoyed enough to point out everything that is wrong in it so your welcome.

@4:45 why is that start only using 1-9? where did they get that from and why omit the 0? You could claim that 0 wasn't in use yet but I'm not too sure about that, at any rate this is the weakest thing but I just wanted to point it out.

@8:05 the hex they draw on the flywheel is completely made up. It's only there because they drew it in there are plenty of other wheels like that one that are not related to hex's at all so why is this one special. there's 5 holes in it but that's purely because the manufacturer that made it decided on that size hole which means only 5 would fit in, shrink the size of the hole and you'll get more of them. I'm assuming you will agree that that particular wheel isn't unique, I can post a million pictures of that exact one being used elsewhere if you really want but I think we can both agree that he didn't make it himself but bought it.

@8:41 48 streams? This is how I know they have no idea how magnetism works. A magnet can only exist with a north and south pole that is connected. By connected I don't mean physically. There is a field that wraps from the north pole around to the south pole. The only way to get 48 is if you assume that one pole isn't connected to anything an emanates out like light would. But ok, we will ignore maxwell's equations for now and continue on.

@9:37 that direction is of current not the direction of the magnetic field. it's called "the right hand rule" your thumb points in the direction of the current and your fingers will point in the direction of the magnetic field is "flowing" (as in magnetic fields always go from north to south so the field is going from the palm of your hand to the tips of your fingers).

@10:39 for the 16 point star, I suppose the fact that those points don't line up with anything in particular in the hex. doesn't really matter? Sure a couple of them do but look at the area around 7-8 o'clock. In fact only around 5 of them line up with anything in particular of the hex inside. If anything it's making the case that it's related to the octagonal sign that surrounds the hex.

@10:57 I suppose the actual location of the bell doesn't matter. One is inside the hex the other is outside it. probably a minor point but these kinds of things point out how attention to detail is glossed over when it's inconvenient to the point.

@15:13 so 129 is one of the prime sums, I'm assuming they will point out something other than the fact that it's in the list. It should be noted that it's the 10th prime sum. I'm sure they will point out the relationship to the 7 in front of the 129 sometime later. (i really don't, that's just me mocking it because I'm sure they will gloss over the fact that the whole number was 7129)

@24:16 ok so now they tell us what the 6 and 7 are for. long gibberish short. they use 27.5 and 44.5 and claim the ratio of these two is PHI (the golden ratio). 1.618181818... (18 repeatin) is close enough to 1.61803399 I suppose, I'll let you decide if it is or not. Personally I would think if they are super connected with nature they would be a little more accurate but ok, they are as accurate as any other civilization that didn't have calculus. Also it should be noted that this is an overly long and complicated way to arrive at PHI, there are clearly easier ways to get there.

ok I'm stopping here. I got to 25:31 and I can't do any more. Let me just say, if there was some secret power in prime numbers the hundreds of people that have changed the world from playing with them would have found them long ago. There is a laundry list of people who, in playing with prime numbers have discovered countless other theories yet somehow this simple method has been overlooked for several hundred years...

19. #39 MelT, Jun 22, 2012
    [quote name='NoFlame']You know you could really get to the point a lot quicker in posts. You type so much, but say so little.

This isn't Egyptian, but very compelling none the less.

The Tablet of Shamash

You are soooo silly. Good god.:)

So let's look at what just happened. Within a page of posting here the movie and it's premise is gone. The math is wrong. And by the way so to is your interpretation of the stele, and you wouldn't know how to compare it to egyptian if it sat on your head.

I do hope it hasn't cost you too much, it's not going to end well for you if this is just an advert for the daft conspiracy movie about 911? Why post that here in a science thread?

MelT

20. The number 0 is irrelevant, you don't need 0 when all your doing is numbering letters.

I'll assume you're talking about this shape, The Star tetrahedron in 2d:

[​IMG]

i'll just tell you that it is a fundamental shape, you can do more research on it yourself.

You aren't paying much attention to the video... on the flywheel the magnets are bent so that the north and south pole of each magnet is facing the same way...