Ancient Egypt Pyramids.

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by tswagz, Jun 6, 2012.

1. How did they get there? They found the mountain that the stones came from over a thousand miles away. And even with today's technology it would be very hard to replicate, let alone thousands of years ago... some say aliens, some say that we traveled back in time after discovering the mysteries of the universe... what do you think?

2. #2 MelT, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
    We've done this to death unfortunately. No, there is no evidence that they were done by anything other than people, using technology that we know was developed over time by them. We know their failures, and that if they were truly built by an alien race then they tended to screw up an awful lot.

http://forum.grasscity.com/science-nature/693875-pyramid-myths-answered.html

MelT

3. Have you tried Google Scholar or an open Journal. There are publications on this sort of thing.

"Despite contradicting evidence and a number of pseudoscientific theories, there is no reason to doubt that a throng of workers armed with primitive tools used generally accepted construction methods to quarry, transport and place the blocks that make up the Egyptian pyramids of Giza, the sole relic of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World."

- Vladimir Novokshchenov, 1996, Pyramid Power

I haven't actually read these articles in their entirety, but judging by the abstracts this is the sort of thing you're looking for.

http://0-www.jstor.org.prospero.murdoch.edu.au/stable/25148110?seq=3

http://0-www.jstor.org.prospero.mur...&title=&volume=60&date=2001&issue=3&spage=191

4. Hmm I dunno, still no logical reason on how they transported so many of these thousands of pound "rocks" through the desert with minimal water and resources. Not only that but how did they get the rocks out of the mountain. Don't mind me if there are logical reasons but I'm fucking ripped out of my mind right now.

5. You clearly didn't read a single sentence from the sources provided.

6. No not really I was hoping someone would sum it up for me lol...

7. [quote name='"HookedonPhonics"']You clearly didn't read a single sentence from the sources provided.[/quote]

I finally sobered up and read this. Very interesting. Literally everything was answered but how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW!

8. At least you took the initiative to attempt to discover for yourself!

9. Yup, case closed. They dug out the rocks n shit, carved the rocks out the mountains with crudely fashioned stakes, and the center of the earth thing is just a myth...

BUT one question still remains...
    How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop!

10. [quote name='"tswagz"']

I finally sobered up and read this. Very interesting. Literally everything was answered but how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop?

THE WORLD MAY NEVER KNOW![/quote]

261 licks...

11. [quote name='"Jamaican Hotbox"']

261 licks...[/quote]

Wow you must have a substantially high IQ to come up with such a brilliant answer.
    Brownie points to you my friend...
    Weed brownie points that is...

12. It took hardwork.

They didn't have a limit to what our bodies and minds can do, therefore we succeeded.

13. [quote name='".AcidTrip."']It took hardwork.

They didn't have a limit to what our bodies and minds can do, therefore we succeeded.[/quote]

It took more clever thinking and time than anything. But yes hard work also.

14. They were all fucked up so it wasn't really that hard. The people that built them probably even forgot how they got there. drugs are good

15. Oh, but many already have their certificates for that very question. :smoke:

How many letters has Tootsie Roll received from children counting the number of licks it took them to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
    Since 1970, we have received more than 20,000 letters from children around the world who believe they have solved the mystery behind how many licks it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop.
    Download a PDF of the Clean Stick Award
    When children write Tootsie Roll Industries, how many licks do they claim it takes to get to the center of a Tootsie Pop?
    Estimates from children seem to run from a low of 100 licks to a high of 5,800 licks, with most of them ranging from 600-800 licks.​
    Does Tootsie Roll Industries acknowledge all the letters which children send to them?
    Not only do we respond to every letter children send to us, we also send out a certificate we call "The Clean Stick Award," to each person who mails in a response to the question of how many licks it takes. Children from around the world have tried to solve this mystery, and we enjoy hearing about everyone's experiences.​