Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

An unusual problem.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TheMHC, Nov 1, 2013.

1. Not sure whether or not to post this in Stash Jar or ask my fellow senior stoners on what to do.

A long time ago I had some real fucked up times in my life and to save you a sob story, let's just say I got diagnosed with anorexia, severe depression, and social anxiety. (Zoloft and Paxil, prescribed at different times to treat my depression and anxiety) side effects were mild headaches, paranoia, and they weren't helping my depression/anxiety much.

Although MM isn't fully legal in NY. My doctors and therapists both recommended MM for me to my parents at the time because of the side effects my antidepressants gave me ,weird Ik because quitting bud can bring depression but They said it would treat my anxiety, depression and anorexia.

My parents were on board because it's a lot cheaper than all the other meds I had to take (350$/month vs 600+ along with doctor visits.)

So my dad smoked previously before this and I never had but I wasn't hesitant to start. He basically got me into it. Ive smoked for 2 years now and I've been off anti depressants for 7 months and 18 days.

So I started a tolerance break and I am finding it hard to sleep and eat. Along with being a recovering Anorexic, not eating doesn't bother me but it bothers my friends/fam enough that they even want me to smoke so I can eat etc.
    I have three or four connections for some serious dank.(high quality not schwag or mids). I wanted to pick up some mids (like a quarter) just to smoke half a bowl or so a day (before meals) to get an appetite for lunch/ dinner. My problem is, I have no connect for mids! I don't want high quality because that will keep my tolerence high and I feel really rude asking for one of my connects to give me someone else to go to. (I feel like id be insulting them)

Tips and ideas? Thanks!

-MHC

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. are you just smoking (pipe, joint, bong, etc) or are you vaporrizing? if you are only smoking, id say keep up with the dank but just take smaller hits. do you have any extra cash to buy a vape possibly? glad to hear about your continuing progress with cannabis!

3. I tried my friends magic lunchbox and it was alright. Vapes don't give me the same qualities as a fat bong rip ya know. I majnly smoke out my bong and bowl. What could that have to do with it?

4. I think he was just gonna recommend a vape because of health benefits and less weed makes you higher. I was in the same boat as you when I started vaping but now I love it and hardly use the bong unless for vapor bong hits or if I have people over. You want your tolerance to go down so you get higher for longer I assume? Or is it because it hasn't been relieving your symptoms as well lately?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. both, the intensity of the high has lowered, but the effects from the medication will wear off within 30 minutes. Which means I want to both prolong the high and intensify it. Only curable through a tolerence break right?

6. Have you tried edibles before? Or tinctures? There's some great threads on here on how to make your own, that's the way a lot of medical patients like to take there medicine. Look into "green dragon" you can probably make about 30 doses with 3.5-7 grams depending on how strong you want it to be and your tolerance

7. thank you so much for the help, I'll check it out tomorrow. Have yourself a great night! :smoke:

8. No problem man! You too.

9. If u want potency go for some concentrates I know here in Vancouver BC Canada we have the budderking witch is called the best and purest shit in the world tested at 99.7% pure. But they have other forums n people that make concentrates try to find some in ur area, it's a lot more expensive but u smoke hardly any to get way higher end up saving money in long run, best way to smoke it is hot knifing tho. I know here in bc Vancouver depending on who u are n how well u know so and so I personally pay 40-50$ a gram of BK budder but I know normal price is anywhere between 80-100 a gram but is well worth every penny u need a tiny lil bit at the end of a bobby pin to get as stoned as 3-5 joints in a row to urself would get u plus tastes amazing better for you and really smooth. Look for some in ur area people call em diff things ( budder , wax , oil , honey oil, bho, concentrates) but If u find some good stuff I guarantee u will stop smoking buds n stick to the concentrates

I'll just offer my (hypothetical) perspective - TIFWIW

If I were your source, and you came to me explaining your goal, I would want to help you.  I would not be insulted.  Clearly, you are trying to maximize/preserve your dosage and if I were someone supplying you and knew this, I'd welcome the opportunity to help you do it optimally.  

/hypothetical perspective  ;)