An unexpected encounter with a police officer

Discussion in 'General' started by s m o k e, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Greetings blades, here's a cool story from earlier tonight.

(TLDR at bottom for those too lazy to read a few paragraphs :p)

I had just gotten done smoking a few bowls at my friends house and was heading out to my car when I saw the most beautiful lightning of my life illuminate the sky.

"Holy shit!" I thought. "I need to take a picture of this."

So I buzzed home quick and gathered my camera, my brother, and our good friend and headed down to the beach to snap some shots. Our friend, who was driving, had just picked up so he had an ounce of bud in his glove box, and I had about a half eighth in my sweatshirt pocket. And all three of us were blazed.

We were just standing around, chatting and smokin' a cig while watching this beautiful lightning show when a cop rolls up.

He parked next to our car and got out and asked what we were up to. So I threw on my cool face and I calmly tried to sober up as fast as possible and I explained to him what we were doing. Coincidentally, he had showed up to do the same thing we were. And to my surprise he even had a nicer camera than I did (I have a pretty decent one). He turned out to be a really cool guy and we stood around taking pictures for awhile and just bullshitting about photography and what kind of lens's we had and cool photos we've taken.

It was a pretty cool experience for me, as this is my first positive encounter with a cop in a looong ass time. It kind of reminded me that cops aren't just dirty pigs that are out to bust stoners, but are actual people just like us with similar interests and hobbies. So it was cool to kind of have a person to person with somebody who I would normally try my hardest to avoid.

It's a good thing it was dark out, because all three of us looked absolutely blazed and I'm surprised we didn't reek.

[​IMG]

TLDR: Blazed, went to beach to see lightning, lots of weed in the car, cop shows up, took pictures of storm with cop, mission success.

2. Haha, thats funny... Crazy picture too. I think that same storm must be rollin into my area now.

If you have some high resolution pics of the lightning I'd love to see them. That one you posted would make a cool wallpaper =)

3. I'm in Minnesota, so if you're somewhere in the midwest you might be right.

And that's just a picture i snapped with my cell phone from my deck, I'm going to upload the ones from my camera tomorrow when the battery is charged, so stay tuned! haha

4. #4 KeepSmokinReefa, Jun 1, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2010
    I was going to post a huge reply, But realized im too under the influence to make all my different points connect, So ill just say this.

Im really glad you shared this story with us, Its something i like to hear. I still do my best to avoid the black and whites, Despite being very cool with a Chief of Police (Police Chief), Which who is one of my first girlfriends fathers. I dont speak to her anymore, But anytime i see him its a handshake/hug combo and we talk about shiet. Hes got respect for me and ive got mad respect for him.

He even knows some of the stuff i do, I mean he obviouslly knows i smoke weed, But he even knows other things i do against the law and shows mad respect for me, Becaus real reconize real.

And thats the whole thing, Cops are just that, Cops. They're real people, With training in such a short period that they wont remeber most of it when they hit the streets so they learn it along the way, Which is street smarts which can not be taught, Its strictly leanred.

Ima stop here because ima keep rambling on about different stuff. This weed must be good. :p

5. Maybe if the cop knew it now, he would realize something about people too. stoners are people.

oh and this lightning thing is weird. Where i Live its been lightning like crazy for the past 6 hours but no thunder or rain. You should at least to should be able to hear the crazk of the lightning?

kinda weird.

6. It's nice to see a positive cop story instead of all the "fuck the police" threads. Cool pic

7. I guess I didn't think of it that way, good point!

And that's how it was here, for the last few days actually it's been lightning like crazy but no rain or thunder. Strange indeed

8. Awesome story =p

And I'm setting that as my background, if that's alright. :)

9. Yeaa, not all of them are bad...

But most of them are :p

10. thanks for the new wallpaper on my other iphone :D and i hope u do upload the ones off your cam.