AN Overdrive with a soil grow?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by mistertastycake, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Received a free sample of Advanced Nutrients Overdrive with no instructions or info. This is a soil grow, and I thought Overdrive was for hydroponics. Can this still be used with a soil grow? If so, in what ratio and when during flowering? Anyone have any experience with this?

I was thinking of just not using it and instead getting Canna PK 13/14 for late flowering. Currently using AN Iguana Juice Bloom (4-3-6). Do I quit that Iguana fert when I start with the PK 13/14 or Overdrive?

2. #2 aj69420g, Nov 16, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2009
    I Would not use it, as it could harm/stress your plant. Some people prefer the wet nutrients, I prefer pre-mixing my own custom nutrients with dry supplements. That way I can use each grow as test to see what levels of nutrients respond best to the plant.

as far as N-P-K levels, while vegging after they suck up all the soils nutrients I use 6-9-10

consists of 5 cups phosphorus bone meal 6-9-0 & 5 cups of potassium supplement 0-0-10.

For flowering I use more nitrogen and less potassium. 14-9-1

5 cups phosphorus bone meal 6-9-0
    5 cups nitrogen supplement 8-0-0
    1/2 cup potassium supplement 0-0-10

With these mixes, my last grow I had 2 bagseed females, LST SOG and yielded close to 29oz

I just wouldnt use those, buy soil nutrients.

Hope I helped :)

3. #3 DrGr33nThumb215, Mar 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2010
    "as far as N-P-K levels, while vegging after they suck up all the soils nutrients I use 6-9-10

consists of 5 cups phosphorus bone meal 6-9-0 & 5 cups of potassium supplement 0-0-10.

For flowering I use more nitrogen and less potassium. 14-9-1

5 cups phosphorus bone meal 6-9-0
    5 cups nitrogen supplement 8-0-0
    1/2 cup potassium supplement 0-0-1"

just a quick question why do you use more nitrogen in flower and less phosphorus does that work well for your strain ? for me it has shown overtime that in the last half of the flower cycle larger amounts of phosphorus and potassium and less nitrogen are better for optimal essential oil and resin production which means larger more potent flowers and when plants are in veg they require much more nitrogen then potassium and phosphorus, what kind of flowers do you get with your nute combo id love to see some pics

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and as far as using overdrive in soil it works great above is a pic from my last soil grow i used overdrive on you can really see the added resin due to using overdrive i tried it in soil for the 1st time and when i tried it in soil for the 1st time i then tried it in my hydro lets just say it made a believer out of me lol

AN says 2ml per a liter with you regular flower nutes

give overdrive a try....also recommend checking out Humboldt nutrients Gravity bud hardner it really increases density and yield

4. my pennys worth is use canna boost if going to use pk1314 work great together and dont berlive 290z of 2 plants no photos no plants lol good luck with ya grow wot soil you useing? cos dont wont to get burnt even though we all do cos we put all thegood stuff in push them to the limit when ya 5 week plus in flower

5. I know this is an old post but does anyone ever just awnser the question that is asked or are they to stoned to stay on topic.