An Ode to Lost Pieces

Discussion in 'Smoking Pipes, Glass Spoon Pipes' started by smb, Jan 12, 2010.

1. I'm sure it's happened to all of us. Fall in love with your trusty pipe, your reliable burb. You've got it all. You feel like you're on top of the world. Then, it's all gone.

I bought a pipe a while back on a road trip to San Fran in a shop on Haight and Ashbury, so I named it Hashbury, clever right? I don't have any pics, and I apologize for that. But nonetheless, I loved this pipe and it did me good for quite a while.

Now, the tragic part of the story. I was visiting some friends of mine for about a week just after Christmas. We were hiking through the mountains chillin, smokin blunts, and of course: tokin' Hashbury. Later that week, I wanted to toke while driving, and I didn't want to whip out my bong nor did I have any Cigarello's or papers. So I pulled into a neighborhood to look for my pipe. I'm sure you can guess what happened at this point. It's gone. I have zero recollection as to what happened or what could have happened to it, but it's out there somewhere.

This thread is an ode to any lost pieces that meant something to you. Share you stories! Show some pictures!

2. never lost a piece, but my first pipe, Carlos, i lent it to a friend over thanksgiving break, and he dropped it while fleeing from a party R.I.P. Carlos Amadeus Wolfhausen III

3. That's a bold name, haha. I still have my very first pipe. Fits perfect in my pocket and hits better than those metal ones, gross. You should have gotten your friend to hook you up with another pipe.

4. oh he did, but it was nowhere near as good as Carlos. it was so grimey and ugly. we called it The Hobo's Dick..kind of gross, i know

5. Well at least he did the right thing. A friend of mine bought a pipe that had a mushroom sticking out from the tip of it, and he wanted to call it mushroom tip. Then he thought about it for a second and decided it was best to avoid that, haha.

6. 1 time my frend gave me this pipe he had that fit inside a highighter it was so cool & full of resin. but we got totally ripped on sum piff and BAM i lost theat fuckin pipe. i was soo pissed

7. Harsh man. That is pretty cool though, to have had a pipe like that.

"Why does (s)he always have a highlighter on on him / her?" :smoke:

8. lol.. no, I think she means a (highlighter pipe) Ive seen them at quite a few places.

Its a highlighter that you can still use, but you unscrew the other end and a nice small pipe fits in there.

9. does this have anything to do with wolfgang amadeus phoenix? just wondering because of amadeus and wolf... (if you aren't a Phoenix [the band] fan, then nevermind)