An interesting observation about where I live.

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by RadiusTheAlias, Jul 29, 2013.

1. This will be long, but I will try my best to write in a fashion that keeps your interest. 
    \nI live in the Shops of Legacy in Plano, TX. 
    \nOne of my favorite things to do is smoke, go out on the town, walk the streets and check out bars. Typically in areas that I do not fit in. If you have the mettle, it's quite an amazing experience. 
    \nThe other night I was at a bar at the Shops Of Legacy. I was sitting in the corner with a beer scoping out the scene. Music was playing and each had an accompanying video. The mating dances were in full swing. Beautiful HD images of food, metrosexual men, and dolled up plastic women were all over the countless TVs.  It was then I started to notice a very odd trend. 
    \nThe music followed the time of the night. 
    \nAlmost all bars in texas, and probably in many other parts of the country close at 2am. Everyone at this bar was at their core, trying to get laid, and the music felt strategically placed to play to those inner desires. 
    \nIt was good old top 40 party music and heavy advertising for most of the night. Then it started to morph and everything became clear. Around came 1:15 and the "I want to bang you" music started playing for the guys. Right after that a song for the girls came on "What else are you going to do for me". Then a "I'm your fantasy" song played for the guys. 
    \nThe music was catering to their mating dance. The music videos felt like they were planned and strategically placed for the proper vibe at the right time of night.
    \nOf course this music was Top 40 typical mix hits. There was no Tool no Pink Floyd. Not even a fucking Van Halen song. 
    \nANYWAY... I felt this to be very odd. It felt like the peoples minds were being manipulated. 
    \nSo... today I'm reading about Omnicon and Publicis just finished this 35 billion dollar merger that is going make google potentially shit in its pants. Publicis is one of the worlds largest digital advertising firms. 

Then something clicked in my head. I've been looking at the Publicis sign almost every day since I moved into the Shops of Legacy. One of their fucking offices sits right over all of the bars and clubs in the Shops. 
    \nI'm living in an advertising test tube. It can't be a coincidence.
    \nI swear to the big electron, there are powerful forces at work that are passing under the radar of the majority and it freaks me the fuck out. 
    \n\nMaybe I'm late to the game here... but I'm telling you. You know that feeling when you are high and you notice something and it feels massive. You know how hard that is to translate to others. That's a bit like what this was like. It takes a decent level of perception to pick up on this kind of stuff.  When everyone is drunk and you are stoned, things start looking very odd. 
    \nI'm interested to hear your thoughts on this. 

2. or you just never realized there's such a thing as a dj.  

3. I do know what you mean though. Those revelations you have that are just like "o fuck, o fuck! i get it!"

4. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SEuKkcX1uKA

5. lol its like that with everything.  Next time goto a supermarket and all the bright colored projects will be at eye view.  IDK man but it's actual science to what your trying to get at lol.

6. I see stuff like this all the time, some of it is probably my over active imagination, but there are definitely some clever marketing campaigns out there that generally just go unnoticed if your not looking for them.

*dons tin foil fedora*

7. Noticing those kind of trends is trippy, but that's advertising manipulation for ya. Based on who the advertisers are trying to appeal to, they'll set off certain triggers (colors, music, smell) to reel in buyers/supporters for their product. Playing with impulse.

8. That's exactly what they pay the dj to do man. That's a club being.....a club. Theyre there to encourage sex in order to sell overpriced alcohol. why the hell else would you go? Theyre not exactly going to cut into swing low sweet chariot.

Not everything is some secret conspiracy, sometimes it's a plainly obvious system.

9. There was no DJ... I would have mentioned that and took it into account.

It was a music service piped in that the bar paid for. 

10. I wish I could get so high I'd understand basic marketing techniques!!