An interesting look at Addiction - Roger Castillon

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by svedka, May 6, 2018.

1. Have watched a few videos by this guy and feel i've received some information that has helped on various subjects. Although this one mentions "addiction" in the title he doesn't mention it until someone asks a question about it at 1:24:50 into the video or in the last 19 min. or so... Prior to that he talks about other things, so i guess the title was prompted by the participant's question on addiction.

He gives the example of someone addicted to alcohol but it could be anything, even sex, gambling, weed, stock market, etc.

Remember no discussions of substances other than weed, alcohol or tobacco are allowed in GC forums so don't bring up pills or whatever.

2. I read this book years ago, as I have dealt with Alcoholism most of my adult life. Over 4 years sober now.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Is there a summary? I have the attention span of a flea. Really tried hard to listen but he just sooooo boring in the way he speaks and is slow on the delivery.

4. Well at least you are "aware" of the short attention span - lol.. the vast majority of ppl especially those under say 21 yrs are not aware... all they know is that there nose should be pointed to the smartphone screen as they walk, talk, eat, etc... lol

Which video are you referring to? I basically lost faith in Roger Castillo (post #1 video) after completing research on his "guru" or teacher... in a nutshell as i recall he is of the school of thought that one should simply give in to their cravings rather than resist and everything works out... that may work for some but be terrible advice for others...

It works for eating huge amounts of turkey and trimmings twice or thrice per day on Thanksgiving over multiple days... most reach a point they want to slack off and not even think turkey till at least Xmas or much longer...

The other guy is more beneficial (The doctor #2) ... if there is a CC at the bottom of the screen you can read... you can also increase the speed to 1.25 above normal if your mind is super speedy (sativa type) which can help with concentration...

5. I cannot imagine a scenario where this is going to be a decent advice. Perhaps it's taken out of context, but the chances of this backfiring are significantly worse than anything positive that might come out of "giving in".
    Sounds like another clueless guru / expert.