An interesting idea i had....

Discussion in 'General' started by jbToker, Oct 15, 2005.

1. What if we were to some how put term limits on congress members and the senate...Think about it, there is no limit on how many terms a person in one of these positions can serve, a person could theretically occupy one of these elected positions for life and it seems some have and do simply because a majority of the population generally votes for the incumbant ...I say we should put a limit on the number of terms a person can serve, since the president already has a term limit why not all the people of congress and the senate. this would deffinantly help get new people in to office with fresh ideas and could help keep the us goverment from being so stagnent when comes to change and keeping up with the times... plus i dont know about all of you people but im sick and tired of seeing polititions make a career out of being elected to office.

2. sounds good to me :)

-Burned Haze

3. Shit, I voted for the wrong thing.

4. All right, the ten of us who voted yes, we're going to washington! haha. We rule.

5. Maybe just limits on how many terms someone can serve in congress since the people arent directly voting for these people. But for local senate and stuff theres no real reason for a limit because its a direct vote from the people. Not just the president appointing people.