An incredible obscure Pink Floyd Album - Atom Heart Mother

Discussion in 'Music genres, Bands and Artists' started by micahgee, Jun 28, 2006.

1. Atom Heat Mother is something quite different from the "Dark Side" sound of Floyd. The tremendous instrumentals in the title track and end song are some of Pink Floyd's best. This is the opus of Pink Floyd's experimentation before finding their style in "Dark Side of The Moon".

Top tracks
    Atom Heart Mother - Pink Floyd with trumpets?
    If - hilarious lyrics
    Fat Old Sun - An acoustic beauty

So Download/Buy it!

2. i have every floyd album -- i like a momentary lapse of reason-- the division bell and def dark side of the moon

3. Hmmm interesting you mention the 2 most bashed albums, Division Bell and MLOR. I like about half of Division Bell/MLOR, but its nothing like old Floyd

What about Meddle? That album kicks ass, Echoes is the best song Pink Floyd ever made...

4. ah yes, atom heart mother is my favorite floyd album, although that award usually changes depending on what mood I'm in

great all the way through

5. Is that the one with the cow on the album cover ?

6. Yes it is. I have a version that has the whole cd in one track, so it is sort of annoying. I need to find a new copy.

7. My favorite album could be Animals... I like David Gilmour's solo stuff too

8. Oh yeah great album. Borrowed it from a friend and cstill haven't given it back yet...:D. Favorite track is Atom Heart Mother, but I usually can't listen to the whole track in one sitting. So unique...

9. After getting rediculously faded last night, I listened to Atom Heart Mother in its entirety while watching the visualizer on iTunes. I had it on fullscreen and the only light in my room was my lava lamp. That was some experience!

10. The best and shortest pink floyd album has 2 be pros cons n hitchikers,i suggest u listen 2 it if u can.also dark side of the moon is another album wich is really gd .take an acid and the songs take another meaning my freind.pink floyd rock.:metal::yay::wave:

11. I have a cool story about Atom Heart Mother haha. Chilling out with a bunch of friends stoned and listening to the title track. So in the middle of it I heard something that sounded earily similar to Echoes. I'm not sure exactly at what point on the track it is, but I'll edit my post if I figure it out. Its really quite cool... at least to me heh. Everyone else though I was imagining it until I rewound it and played it over a few times.