"An Inconvenient Truth"

Discussion in 'Science and Nature' started by AK Infinity, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Fine as a frog hair...any better I'd have to sit on both hands to keep from waving at everybody...:D

2. Fuck Al Gore. He uses 20X the amount of electricity than an average American does. Thanks to Glenn Beck show. I think thats "An Inconvenient Truth".

3. Yep, He's like the worst possible person to put the message out there. Maybe a popular scientist or something. Steve Irwins widow for instance

4. The part of Antarctica thats been measured in temperature was 15% of the whole continent. All of the other parts of the continent have cooled and there are icebergs and such that forming. Icebergs have been melting forever. Some other stuff they're not releasing.

5. Just some regular folks trying to make a difference: http://www.greenarmada.org/story.aspx

"A small group of thoughtful people could change the world. Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."

~Margaret Mead~

6. how do we know these polar ice caps are not melting because we forgot to replenish the ozone layer 15 years ago by launching those rockets up to the south pole with fresh ozone...or has everyone forgot. It may not be co2 induced global warming that will flood the world, but forgetfulness…

7. Yeah, fuck Al Gore and hurray for that needle headed prick Glenn Beck. Heh, at least you have your priorities in line when it comes to where you get your info. I don't see this as a reason to throw the baby out with the bathwater. Listen to Gore's words; if they're reasonable accept them, if they aren't then don't.

The fact is Al Gore is what we have, yeah it would be more compelling if a scientist--which very few really listen to unless it suits their own purposes--was heralding this cause. Try to see it more from the positive standpoint of at least someone who has visibility is doing something. If people waited around for someone that was more palatable to their political sensibilities nothing would ever get done. Sometimes change happens incrementally and in ways we least suspect.

"We're all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made."

~Al Gore~

8. I have posted this elsewhere, really I should have posted it here. :p
    <embed style="width:400px; height:326px;" id="VideoPlayback" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" src="http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=4499562022478442170&hl=en-CA" flashvars=""> </embed>

If you want you can then check out This. Which kicks the movie in the teeth as best it can.

9. hahah 1984 i just red that this year

10. True, That he is. The message needs to come from the people anyway. I don't know about you but I usually do things because its a good way to do it, not because someone told me to. I think thats most of the problem. Humanity for the most part wants to be able to do their own thing and not always stick to that fine line. But if the masses can see change with their own eyes and not with their ears then there will be resolution...:cool:

11. fuck that. we should all be allowed to use as much electricity as we like. electricity doesnt cause pollution. polluting energy sources do.

but anyways... thats not why i'm here...

thought i'd post this to blow this thing wide open....
    http://www.whale.to/b/weather.html

that and a thousand other things you can find for yourselves.

12. I saw inconvenient truth, and don't recommend others to watch it. Read the book instead. The movie is just blatant passionate propoganda, very typical of a politician. I feel that anyone who feels the need to make a film that way is not right.

Al gore is not the final say on the matter, and he's not a scientist. There are many many scientists debating the issue, and one mister al gore is not the final say on the matter.

Don't support crooked politicians. If you're a democrat, and you think being a democrat politician makes it honest just think again. Likewise with republicans. It's like argueing over pro wrestling. It's all fake.

Support real research by real scientists with your dollars, and make sure you're not donating to some organization that is serving private ends rather than the truth.

13. Hey guys! I came across this old thread and wanted to share the new Planting Zone Map that we have created!! Everyone seems super knowledgable and with the similar love for planting as I have. This new hardiness zone map is incredible. Definitely check it out -- you will absolutely love this updated version!

https://gilmour.com/planting-zones-hardiness-map

Happy Spring!