An ideal bed/pot size for a 4x4 tent.

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by ZTS, Jul 15, 2019.

1. Dang! Wish I would have seen those before! I LOVE the thickness! Little more pricey, but 40 mil! :blink:

P-

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. i really like @Chunks rotating platform. i often thought of how great it would be to have one similar to that with a simple motor that would rotate the table all 'day' or on a timer. i never got around to it because i grow in 7.5's mostly. i think some ingenuity could rig it up with simple materials - gear, motor, power.

anyway, dont want to derail the op's Q and the good feedback that was previously being discussed. cheers.... :smoke:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. When you harvest is it a problem getting the roots out of all the hydroton rocks? I'd imagine it's a pain to lift up one of those beds..

4. When I harvest, I cut the stalk off with loppers right at the soil level leaving a "stump". I plant another ready to go clone or 4 between the last grow's stumps, top dress with fertilizer mix, malted barley powder and vermicompost and water it in with water, aloe vera juice and saponins.

I'm still growing in the same soil I mixed in December, 2015. Yes, it would be a pain in the ass to lift one of the beds but its unnecessary.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ahh, so you don't bother doing anything with the roots that grow through into the pool? I'm just worried they would rot away after awhile.
    No worries! Thanks for all the great suggestions.

6. They end up degrading after awhile but have never given me any problem.

The roots inside the bed/pot do compost back into the soil during the next run but they end up feeding the plant during the process.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. What do you use as far as airstone? I'm thinking about getting a 45 gallon pot instead and using a 30" kiddie pool to give me some extra space. I believe those fabric pots are 28" X 18". A 45 gallon in a 4x4 should yield me plenty i'm assuming, if done right. This should allow me the space to squeeze in my dehumidifier if need be.
    Think I'm on the right track?

8. Not sure what you mean by an airstone. Yeah, you should be fine with a #45 and the deeper pot size should serve you well. I used the size I did because of the space I have.

I definitely think you're on the right track.

• Like Like x 1
  9. no air stones are needed, this isn't hydro growing, and there is no sitting water in the pool. It's just there for any small runoff (which will get absorbed back in anyway) or even good for underfeeding. But water doesn't just sit in the pool so air stones are not needed to keep water aerated.
    I know, i know, switching to organic makes life so easy it's hard to get your head around the fact you don't need all that extra equipment and extra labor! LOL LOL :)
    If I misunderstood why you were asking about air stones than just disregard... :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Ok
    L

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. If you’re talking about aeration I’d go with pumice or perlite.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum