An idea for a browser-based buddah growing game?!

Discussion in 'General' started by Mitchy, Sep 8, 2009.

1. #1 Mitchy, Sep 8, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2009
    I'm pretty blazed my sweet little blades, and I had an idea. This may sound lame, and I'm sure people are going to go "OH, WELL GROW SOME MARIJUANA FOR REAL, IT'S A LOT MORE FUN" - I know that, but this could be a game of testing your knowledge with growing if you already grow, or if you think you're confident and never grew before and want to test your knowledge... then well, I guess this would work for you too!

If no one really knew (which I'm sure no one does as I don't flaunt much of my work around) - I script in a few web languages (PHP, Ajax, jQuery, Javascript, HTML, XHTML) and am familiar with MySQL and a bit of Oracle, but that's not the point here. Just happens to be an essential for creating what I brewed up to be nothing more then a browser version of High Grow or Virtual Grow 2 by UK Seed Bank.

But the idea here is, to keep them constantly updated with new strains for people to grow, and a market where you can sell your harvested crop to other users, or just wait until the price for harvested crop (per ounce) sky rockets when there is a drought, and you can sell, so forth so forth.

Maybe I smoked a bit too much today and this idea sounds insanely outside the box, but I believe if I gathered another person, or maybe two (with the required knowledge..), it could happen.

What do you, my fellow blades think? Does this sound like a waste of time? I think it has potential, and if anyone wants to see any of my work, just shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to show anyone some, I just don't want to post any links to my website because then it would seem like I'm trying to advertise.

:wave::wave:

Edit:

Big list of ideas would start here.

2. I think it would be pretty cool, it would take a lot of work to maintain I would imagine, but I would play it probably.

3. Yeah i think it could work. Hell there's plenty of stupid games out there on the Internet which do quite well.

i wouldn't personally do it. But sounds like it would attract a certain amount of people.

Go for it.