An explanation to the mysteries of the universe

Discussion in 'General' started by Pink Floyd, Dec 23, 2011.

1. Just as color is inconceivable to those born blind and sound to those born deaf, im almost certain the universe holds phenomena which are inconceivable to humanity a whole, a race born essentially blind and deaf to an existence outside of the perceptive limits of the mind. Infact, I am certain.

The first step to finding the answers is realizing that you can't.

2. I like the metaphor.

I really do, I disagree with the "can't find the answers."

I don't think that's the case, I just feel it's more of a "never ending game" of learning about reality.

3. time < theres your answer

4. Why cant we be friends ? :bongin:

5. answer to what exactly?

6. We only see a small portion of lightwaves, and hear only a small portion of soundwaves. Imagine if we could see and hear it all

7. yes, this is exactly what i mean. the way we see things is not how they are in their raw form. we can't see infared and shit. although thats only a small portion of it

8. never ending, hence can't find the answers

9. So does this mean God exists?

Actually, scientists agree we have the mental capacity to understand the origin of our universe, and agree we will one day find out how the universe came into being.

10. One thing that we can't explain right now...how can the universe be infinite. Well it is explainable it's just a mathematical equation that we don't understand yet. For example. So I agree that everything is actually explainable.

11. i want an explanation of how the fuck did "Pink Floyd" not be taken up until 2010.

12. I say there's no point in even tryin to explain why/how we're here, just because of the vastness of everything. Who knows, "how" and "why" might even be concepts unique to humans. Trip on that.

I think that's being a little cocky as a species, don't you think? Everything is explainable within our realm, maybe, but the point i'm trying to convey is that there're things out there that humans can't even comprehend/see, or begin to explain.

Scientists who claim things as absolutely true are a joke.

;)

13. Cocky? I never said that we WILL explain everything but everything is explainable. It's called reason.

14. Maybe cocky was too harsh of a term. I'm kinda doin a bad job of conveying my thoughts here. Basically what i'm saying is I think there're some things in the universe that humans just naturally can't observe. Whether it be a different dimension, some variation of the laws of physics, etc. Idk how to explain it any better.

15. That may be true. But I can never say anything is "impossible" unless it's truly completely out of the realm of possibility. Many things, we certainly will not come anywhere near understanding in either of our lifetimes :D

16. Now that I can agree with

17. In the grand scope of things, we know nothing and are nothing.

No matter how famous you get, those who know you will eventually die, and the records of you will eventually be destroyed. So really, all the formalities and judgements we use are useless.

Be happy you were born now instead of during the black death or a nuclear war destined to happen in the future.

18. the cold hard truth

19. yeah we can only see certain color spectrum's, so if aliens used a different color, they're invisible, no? :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::eek: